Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

02 sensor prices

The-Acre

Do Not ever go in and buy anything over the counter at Eurocarparts , the price will be obscene ( as you found out!) 

Instead Go to the EuroCarParts website and they will have a discount code for a % Off ( can be anything from 12% upto 50%)

If you sign up to the NewsLetter option by email then the discount codes will be sent to you, offers vary and change often with certain parts having special offers at certain times, sometimes the "Flash" code with 50% off is tor a couple of hours only.

paul m.

26 minutes ago, Texas said:

Do Not ever go in and buy anything over the counter at Eurocarparts , the price will be obscene ( as you found out!) 

Instead Go to the EuroCarParts website and they will have a discount code for a % Off ( can be anything from 12% upto 50%)

If you sign up to the NewsLetter option by email then the discount codes will be sent to you, offers vary and change often with certain parts having special offers at certain times, sometimes the "Flash" code with 50% off is tor a couple of hours only.

paul m.

I have discovered their over counter prices before I must admit.  However, the online price is the same so I can only think someone's made a mistake!

Take a look here, this is what Denso lists for your 05 GS300.

http://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part.aspx#searchResults

Open this next page in another window

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2005,gs300,3.0l+l6,1430992,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

That, I believe, is the 02 sensors that Rockauto (in the USA) list for your car.

Price is a bit different from Eurocarparts .... like way cheaper.

I did my Upstream 02 sensors late last year. Got them from Rockauto, arrived in about 10 days and no surcharges. Delivered to the factory via UPS. Eurocarparts were nearly double the cost and they were insistent on trying to sell me the wrong sensors, despite me pointing out their error.

I'm not saying you should do this ... but its worth checking out. I fully understand some folk are twitchy about getting bits from the USA but I have to say the service was flawless for me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Take a look here, this is what Denso lists for your 05 GS300.

http://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part.aspx#searchResults

Open this next page in another window

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/lexus,2005,gs300,3.0l+l6,1430992,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

That, I believe, is the 02 sensors that Rockauto (in the USA) list for your car.

Price is a bit different from Eurocarparts .... like way cheaper.

I did my Upstream 02 sensors late last year. Got them from Rockauto, arrived in about 10 days and no surcharges. Delivered to the factory via UPS. Eurocarparts were nearly double the cost and they were insistent on trying to sell me the wrong sensors, despite me pointing out their error.

I'm not saying you should do this ... but its worth checking out. I fully understand some folk are twitchy about getting bits from the USA but I have to say the service was flawless for me.

From what I can understand the gen 2 ended in 05 when the gen 3 was launched, so I'm a bit wary. The 06 sensor on Rock Auto is different to the 05 if that makes sense.

Maybe someone can answer this. On Rock Auto's website they list the sensors as right and left side.  So would that be looking from the front meaning left side would be the drivers side in the UK?

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Maybe someone can answer this. On Rock Auto's website they list the sensors as right and left side.  So would that be looking from the front meaning left side would be the drivers side in the UK?

Really, they shouldn't be described like that. Bank 1 sensor 2 or bank 2 sensor 2 is the correct terminology.

You are correct, left would normally mean looking into the engine bay from the front.

The following should help

banksengine10l.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Really, they shouldn't be described like that. Bank 1 sensor 2 or bank 2 sensor 2 is the correct terminology.

You are correct, left would normally mean looking into the engine bay from the front.

banksengine10l.pdf

That's really helpful thank you.  So as I understand it, standing at the front of the car, cylinder number 1 is front left?

11 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

banksengine10l.pd

As I'm sure you're all getting bored with my sensor questions I'll make this the last!  The passenger side means the nasty job of removing the seat, so what about the drivers side which is my iffy sensor.  How is that done?  The connector still has to go up through the floorpan.

Ask away Phil...its not boring ... its how we all learn! Hopefully a GS owner will be along shortly to clarify ... but in the meantime ...........

So your sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 2 that you need to replace. I would have expected each side to involve pretty much the same procedure.You will need a sensor socket, the long reach type assuming the sensor has the protective cowl around it.

Might be worth having a search here and over on the US forum. Here is a guide to replacing Bank 1 Sensor 2 on a is350 from the US forum. Granted its not the same car ( sorry I could not find any GS300 in a quick search) but it may give you some pointers. The pictures are really handy in getting you accustomed to what you are looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/843618-diy-is350-oygen-sensor-replacement-p0138-bank-1-sensor-2-a.html

Best of luck with it.

Edit : just found this..may help

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/657199-2006-gs300-o2-sensors.html

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Ask away Phil...its not boring ... its how we all learn! Hopefully a GS owner will be along shortly to clarify ... but in the meantime ...........

So your sensor is Bank 1 Sensor 2 that you need to replace. I would have expected each side to involve pretty much the same procedure.You will need a sensor socket, the long reach type assuming the sensor has the protective cowl around it.

Might be worth having a search here and over on the US forum. Here is a guide to replacing Bank 1 Sensor 2 on a is350 from the US forum. Granted its not the same car ( sorry I could not find any GS300 in a quick search) but it may give you some pointers. The pictures are really handy in getting you accustomed to what you are looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/843618-diy-is350-oygen-sensor-replacement-p0138-bank-1-sensor-2-a.html

Best of luck with it.

Thanks Norman.  This is the one that needs replacing, and it looks like the exhaust may follow!  Although I guess that's expected after nearly 13 years.

I think I'm right in saying the cowl is part of the sensor and not a separate item?

IMG_20180222_144546382.jpg

Oxygen sensors are a nightmare! - There are 101 reasons why the VSC and engine light might come on and then look at some of the awkward postions the sensors are located.

My light has been on over a year but the emissions are fine and they are no other symtoms - I have just bought and replaced the fuel cap today with a genuine item. I'm hoping this will cure it otherwise will have to start buying sensors.

Hope you get your sorted phil.

The cowl is part of the body. That's why you need that special long reach socket. Think they are 22mm from memory.

If you do it, give it a squirt (with WD40 or Plus Gas) a day for a few days before you plan to tackle it. They can be very hard to budge. Extension bars or tubes are useful to get some extra leverage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

Oxygen sensors are a nightmare! - There are 101 reasons why the VSC and engine light might come on and then look at some of the awkward postions the sensors are located.

My light has been on over a year but the emissions are fine and they are no other symtoms - I have just bought and replaced the fuel cap today with a genuine item. I'm hoping this will cure it otherwise will have to start buying sensors.

Hope you get your sorted phil.

As it happens Mark I've just ordered a fuel cap gasket as a precaution, £13 for a rubber ring!!

52 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

As it happens Mark I've just ordered a fuel cap gasket as a precaution, £13 for a rubber ring!!

Hi - I tried that - but did not work - after a bit more research it came to light that it might be the internals of the the actual cap hence the reason to replace it.

There is a video on youtube.

41 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi - I tried that - but did not work - after a bit more research it came to light that it might be the internals of the the actual cap hence the reason to replace it.

There is a video on youtube.

I've just ordered one as a precaution because mine is looking a tad cracked all round.  Lots of posts on the US forums about VSC check due to poorly fitting caps. I don't think it's got anything to do with my light being on (although its been off for a couple of days) but it doesn't hurt to have a new one.

It is rare for downstream sensors to fail, unless they are heated one and the heater burns out. Unlike the upstream sensors they aren't subject to such high heat and even if they get a bit slow to react it doesn't really matter because the ECU doesn't look for fast changes.

Often fault codes for downstream sensors (excluding the heater circuit) are cause by upstream sensors, fuel/air intake issues, or air leaks in the exhaust.

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It is rare for downstream sensors to fail, unless they are heated one and the heater burns out. Unlike the upstream sensors they aren't subject to such high heat and even if they get a bit slow to react it doesn't really matter because the ECU doesn't look for fast changes.

Often fault codes for downstream sensors (excluding the heater circuit) are cause by upstream sensors, fuel/air intake issues, or air leaks in the exhaust.

Thanks Colin, I'll make sure everything else is checked before considering replacement.  Strange how it can go for days without showing a fault.

19 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I've just ordered one as a precaution because mine is looking a tad cracked all round.  Lots of posts on the US forums about VSC check due to poorly fitting caps. I don't think it's got anything to do with my light being on (although its been off for a couple of days) but it doesn't hurt to have a new one.

If you have a fuel tank pressure issue due to a cap fault then you will get a P044x error code, not one relating to oxygen sensors or cat converters. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links