Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time for a replacement battery?

When have people needed to replace their IS-F batteries? (Age and mileage).
Got a large Euro trip planned for May. Little nervous that mine might give up the ghost at an inopportune moment.
Voltage still showing OK on dash, not had a multi meter across it. Occasionally a little lazy to start.

Mines currently 7 years old with approx 30k.

Additionally, any Battery recommendations? Looking on eurocarparts (40% off currently) There are a few variants matched to my registration. With varying Ah (60 to 75) and varying cranking capacities (390-630CCA)

Thanks!

I would have thought after 7 years it has given its best although I don't know the expected life, I did need to replace one on an is220d when the Battery was 6 years old.

I think I would replace it if it is starting to sound lazy and I had a big Euro trip planned, peace of mind and all that.

• Thanks 1

I think mine is on its way out five year old and just over 20k. 

Went out to start it last weekend as it had sat since Christmas but it wouldn't unlock. Used the key thing and the alarm attempted to make  noises then weirdly some engine fans come on. Anyways it needed a long charge.

• Thanks 1

It takes over 6miles to even start to put any charge back into a Battery, then there’s the 5.0ltr that’s being turned over, I “fully charge” mine yearly in sittu, the cca on these engines is a massive draw, if it’s starting to get lazy I’d give it a full charge, see how that is, I’d also check the dimensions on the Battery on it as these can change, biggest CCA rating is the best Battery you can get, more for small trips and regular turn overs, yearly charging will help with Battery life

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I've called Lexus Coventry. Waiting to hear back on price and spec.
Euro car parts gives me 3 options and I have a sneaky suspicion none are the right version. Does anyone know the correct code? I think it could be 005.
If so, Costco do a Bosch S4 for £70. That's £10 cheaper than ECP, even with a whopping 40% discount!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toothy said:

So I've called Lexus Coventry. Waiting to hear back on price and spec.
Euro car parts gives me 3 options and I have a sneaky suspicion none are the right version. Does anyone know the correct code? I think it could be 005.
If so, Costco do a Bosch S4 for £70. That's £10 cheaper than ECP, even with a whopping 40% discount!

I did open my bonnet to see if there was any information, unfortunately it’s housed within a cover and the only sign was a “Lexus” label 🙄......but it did show that the size will be something to make sure is right, cosco one sounds good value if cca and dimensions are right 👍

• Like 1

Generally, the Lexus batteries tend to go around 8 years. Mine certainly did, had to get the AA out because it literally just went overnight. 

Batteries are like tyres, go for the best one you can afford - and a big capacity one at that.

Car Parts 4 Less are cheaper than ECP for batteries and currently have 16% sale on which makes the batteries about £10-20 cheaper than ECP. Copy and paste the product code over from ECP into CP4L and use topcashback/quidco for 3% back. 

Ive had good experiences with Varta and they are better value than Bosch with better CCAs and Ah

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links