Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Outstanding Recall

I've been having a play on the government website checking cars MOT status etc. I put my car details in and was surprised to find that as of today's date that there is an outstanding recall on my car. It's a 64 plate.

Anyone else with an is300h similar age had or heard of the same recall?

My dealer is getting a phone call tomorrow. 

No idea what it's about. 

His Paul. Just found that thread. Seems last year a recall was issued about rear wheel arch possible corrosion. That's OK but the gov website stated a date as of yesterday!  Thanks for the reply.

I had mine checked when my wheels were done. It's just sealant inside the arches. Technician sealed it again anyway - I was told.

Although i suspect if corrosion has already started and they pump sealant over the top it won't do much good. Who knows what goes on, can only hope it's been done properly.

Mine is a 300h 64 reg - I knew about the wheel arch recall which was showing against my car and so asked about it when booking the last service - they said they had it scheduled in to do - it's now showing all clear on the recalls so I think for the OP it is this recall that is outstanding - if it's serviced by Lexus they will probably do it next time if asked

This is a well known recall but no letters were sent out. 

Instead it flags up on the computer when booking for servicing and its done with the service.

If there is corrosion, they will repair and then put the sealant on top

My RX is showing an outstanding recall - I wonder if its the ECU for the tailgate but I know thats been done because its on the Lexus Portal and my car was brimmed when I collected it. 

I would check on the Lexus portal to see if its been done - it may just say refueled or something. If they've refuelled, they've done the recall. 

Well the gov site shows a manufacturer safety recall as of today's' date.  Funny how yesterday it showed it beginning yesterday! 

I've just phoned my dealer and they said it's the wheel arch thing. A half hour check. As I'm off monday it's going in then but to their credit I'm not fixed to a time.

I'm going to look at the arches on my car out of curiosity coz this scenario should never happen nowadays. 70''s Leyland cars yes lol.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back on this on Monday. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well the gov site shows a manufacturer safety recall as of today's' date.  Funny how yesterday it showed it beginning yesterday! 

I've just phoned my dealer and they said it's the wheel arch thing. A half hour check. As I'm off monday it's going in then but to their credit I'm not fixed to a time.

I'm going to look at the arches on my car out of curiosity coz this scenario should never happen nowadays. 70''s Leyland cars yes lol.

Thanks for your inputs guys. Much appreciated. I'll report back on this on Monday. 

My RX also says as of today's date. I believe mine is the Takata Airbag recall which is showing on VOSA.

Your wheel arches will be fine. I dont think its actually happened, just that they've noticed some cars may not have the sealant on, or a defective sealant on.

Make sure you don't go with a full tank

Thanks for the advice Rayaans. It'll be a half tank on Monday. 

I had a look and didn't notice any roughness. The gap between the arch and the liner is minute and the best I've seen on any of my cars I've owned.

If I remember to I'll remove the liners in the summer and have a look and treat if necessary. 

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

They were, I received one as did multiple people on LOC. But possibly only to owners that had a higher chance of having the issue?

I never had a letter but Lexus had already put it down to be done when I rang to book my next service - maybe they stopped sending the letters and just decided to do it when they next saw the car 

5 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

I never had a letter but Lexus had already put it down to be done when I rang to book my next service - maybe they stopped sending the letters and just decided to do it when they next saw the car 

Yes quite possibly. I've never heard of anybody actually needing work done, perhaps they lowered the priority when they realised the number affected was lower than expected? I thought mine might need it as it was one of the early built vehicles, but it was fine when the dealer checked.

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

They were, I received one as did multiple people on LOC. But possibly only to owners that had a higher chance of having the issue?

Ours is a 63 plate registered in September so also an early one hut never got a letter

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Ours is a 63 plate registered in September so also an early one hut never got a letter

Really not sure what went on here. As it wasn't a safety issue they didn't need to write but they certainly did for some. Mine was registered in July 13 for what its worth.

58 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Why half a tank sorry?

About 10-15 years ago, when Lexus recalled cars, they used to hand over a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience.

Now, they've changed that policy and refuel instead - go with a full tank, you don't get anything!

34 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Really not sure what went on here. As it wasn't a safety issue they didn't need to write but they certainly did for some. Mine was registered in July 13 for what its worth.

Im not sure either - maybe it was the dealers sending them out rather than Lexus UK themselves

• Like 1