Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thoughts On This LS400?

14 hours ago, GibletPH said:

No camera crew with the unmarked car sadly, would have made for good TV. 

Seller is definitely up the creek without a paddle so to speak. The recovery costs are £150 plus £30 storage per day. He has 12 days left to get valid insurance, pay for road tax and get the car released after paying the costs listed above. 

Legally he has to inform the insurance company of his pending 6 points too, which will make the premium skyrocket.

I’m waiting to confirm if WYP will allow me to purchase the car from the seller whilst it’s still in storage and then get it released in my name with my own insurance policy etc assuming he sees sense and agrees to a more reasonable price.

I’ve been given conflicting answers by them so far. 

you can have my r plate for £700.  does need tyres, bonnet struts, seal on the boot, and has the blow on the exhaust.  2 previous owners, 144k but currently sorn

5 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

you can have my r plate for £700.  does need tyres, bonnet struts, seal on the boot, and has the blow on the exhaust.  2 previous owners, 144k but currently sorn

More info?

I have a 250k '96 Mk3 which I think is beyond my capacity / willingness to bring up to scratch, but I think the Mk 4 is my ideal - so I may find more willingness (if not capacity!) to work on something like that?

On 25/02/2018 at 6:29 PM, WSandME said:

More info?

I have a 250k '96 Mk3 which I think is beyond my capacity / willingness to bring up to scratch, but I think the Mk 4 is my ideal - so I may find more willingness (if not capacity!) to work on something like that?

i have the mk3 also, i actually prefer it. the mk4 is an improved car, no doubt, perhaps its because the mk3 was the first one i have.  I'll send you some photos, it needs a good clean

Stuart, not that i know of.  The seals are noticeably flatter than my MK3 (which doesn't leak).  Theres an article on the replacement parts on here somewhere, I just can't find it !

9 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Is that Boot evidence of a Toroidal LPG tank having been in there at some time? 

Denis, you'll see it didn't get an advisory on the bonnet struts, I don't think it is a fail, however out of courtesy it might be worth letting the examiner know if only for the sake of their head!

9 hours ago, dendonc said:

Do you know if they are an MOT issue? I've heard they are but not sure, seems a bit they are anything to do with an MOT to me

R730CVR LEXUS LS400

Check another vehicle

ColourGrey 

Fuel typePetrol 

Date registered29 April 1998 

MOT valid until8 March 2018 

Get an MOT reminderwhen the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal. (Opens in a new Window) by email or text.

If you think the MOT expiry date or any of the vehicle details are wrong, contact DVSA.
Open All

MOT History

Mileage recorded at test, parts failed or had minor problems

Date tested9 March 2017 

PASS 

Mileage141,859 miles 

MOT test number5807 1001 7173 

Test locationunavailable until further notice

Expiry date8 March 2018 

Advisory notice item(s)

• Front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)
  • Offside Obligatory mirror deteriorated, but not seriously affecting the rear view (8.1.2a)
  • Nearside Front WEARING ON EDGES
  • Offside Front TYRE WEARING ON EDGES
  • Nearside Front Tie bar/rod rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
  • Offside Front Tie bar/rod rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement (2.4.G.2)
 What are advisories?

Date tested17 February 2016 

PASS 

Mileage134,055 miles 

MOT test number8480 2914 4723 

Expiry date25 February 2017 

Date tested19 February 2015 

PASS 

Mileage125,274 miles 

MOT test number4892 6015 5055 

Expiry date25 February 2016 

Date tested20 February 2014 

PASS 

Mileage115,308 miles 

MOT test number7170 7155 4063 

Expiry date25 February 2015 

Date tested21 February 2013 

PASS 

Mileage107,543 miles 

MOT test number7873 8285 3043 

Expiry date25 February 2014 

Advisory notice item(s)

• Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
  • Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
 What are advisories?

Date tested22 February 2012 

PASS 

Mileage100,530 miles 

MOT test number8375 6385 2030 

Expiry date25 February 2013

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers. Dropped the former owner a message with the link. Suggested that he could get in touch with the seller to strike a deal to sell the paperwork. There was a stack of it. 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:45 PM, lockeyboy said:

Denis, you'll see it didn't get an advisory on the bonnet struts, I don't think it is a fail, however out of courtesy it might be worth letting the examiner know if only for the sake of their head!

I know, I bought mine on 3rd of this month, took it for MOT on 6th, it passed with 3 advisories. I carry a broom handle at the moment so if it needs a mechi to go under the bonnet I'll just give him that & assure him that ''Here! I hope this works'':yes:

• Like 1

Bonnet struts are not an MOT failure or an advisory i would guess a just had my RX300 MOT'd today - he just mentioned the useless bonnet strut on the bill.

Another 14 year old Lexus straight through with no advisories! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links