Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Fsport lower grill

Hi everyone. First post here and wanted to see if anyone has changed the lower part of the fsport grill? I am thinking of removing the license plate to give the car a cleaner look. Was thinking of installing a magnetic custom mount or a tow bar license mount just to keep the coppers happy. 

But I noticed that after removing the license plate the garage has drilled 2 small square (clearly noticeable) holes on the lower part of the grill which is used to screw in the license plate.:angry:

Would love to know if anyone has did this mod! Thanks all

12 hours ago, Mc12c said:

Hi everyone. First post here and wanted to see if anyone has changed the lower part of the fsport grill? I am thinking of removing the license plate to give the car a cleaner look. Was thinking of installing a magnetic custom mount or a tow bar license mount just to keep the coppers happy. 

But I noticed that after removing the license plate the garage has drilled 2 small square (clearly noticeable) holes on the lower part of the grill which is used to screw in the license plate.:angry:

Would love to know if anyone has did this mod! Thanks all

The grill is 1 piece and therefore the whole unit needs to be changed. Not cheap from what I've heard either.

2 hours ago, Mc12c said:

are you sure? Pretty sure I took the bumper off the other day and it is comprised of an upper and lower grill

Thought you had a 2017 facelift one - thats a one piece grill - apologies

Yes the 2013-2016 ones had 2 piece ones which join together. In the UK the dealers will sell the whole grill as a piece.

Perhaps this link may help?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS250-IS350-2014-2015-OEM-F-Sport-FRONT-LOWER-RADIATOR-GRILL-52112-53070-/131480706800