Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

new rx450 quicker ??

Have just had a new RX45h (190 miles on the clock !!) as a courtesy car while my 2010 RX450 SE L Premier was in for service and even driving reasonably quick got 38.2 mpg and the best I can get from mine is around 26/7 mpg and the new one felt A LOT quicker - even when not in sport mode. Has there been some dramatic changes as according to most web sites performance etc is about the same. Spoke to her in doors but even flowers and a box of chocolates wont swing the £64k !!!!

New RX450h owner here and, whilst I can't comment on the comparison between this and older models, I can confirm that on my first 3 tank fulls I've averaged between 34 and 38 mpg. Surprisingly the calculated mpg figures were only 0.2mpg different to the cars computer figures

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

You must have calculated it wrong, the computer is always 2 or 3 mpg over :tongue:

That was indeed the case with the Land Rover but filled to the brim and using the same app as you the RX is (so far) looking reasonably accurate :tongue:

18 hours ago, penfolds_bin95 said:

Have just had a new RX45h (190 miles on the clock !!) as a courtesy car while my 2010 RX450 SE L Premier was in for service and even driving reasonably quick got 38.2 mpg and the best I can get from mine is around 26/7 mpg and the new one felt A LOT quicker - even when not in sport mode. Has there been some dramatic changes as according to most web sites performance etc is about the same. Spoke to her in doors but even flowers and a box of chocolates wont swing the £64k !!!!

Yes, there is a difference.

The 4RX has 308hp whereas the 3RX has 295hp. That doesn't sound like much but the real difference is due to the increased 3.5l V6 engine output which is available all the time. The motors remain the same but the vehicle feels stronger than the 3RX in almost every situation because of the extra power from the engine itself. 

Weight hasn't increased at all due to use of aluminium on certain panels as well.

Probably helps that there has been some tuning to the e-cvt to make it more urgent. The 3RX felt a bit lazy in comparison

26 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

They are serious money, however 2 year old ones are now below £40k.

Yep not bad value.

I bought my F-Sport with pan roof , HUD and 12k on the clock. Was 1.5 years old and £41k 

Made a nice change saving some cash compared to the 3RX which I bought new and managed to lose about £15k in a year lol

Decent discounts on new stock available at the moment, probably due to the launch of the RXL.

I went to local dealer looking for a car under 12 months. Only one they had in the spec I wanted was probably the only colour I wouldn't have had and ended up being offered a new one for £500 more but with 2 year free servicing

20 hours ago, Paulcp said:

New RX450h owner here and, whilst I can't comment on the comparison between this and older models, I can confirm that on my first 3 tank fulls I've averaged between 34 and 38 mpg. Surprisingly the calculated mpg figures were only 0.2mpg different to the cars computer figures

I checked the MPG on the computer on board my 4RX against real brim to brim fuelling over my first year of ownership. It was also amazingly accurate within the range which you say.

8 hours ago, Paulcp said:

Decent discounts on new stock available at the moment, probably due to the launch of the RXL.

I went to local dealer looking for a car under 12 months. Only one they had in the spec I wanted was probably the only colour I wouldn't have had and ended up being offered a new one for £500 more but with 2 year free servicing

It's not because of the RXL.

It's mainly to do with the new 18 plate and new car sales slowing down due to the £450 a year road tax on these. 

The local dealer is probably the last place you want to go to buy a car unless it's brand new. They'll try to up sell you into a new one. Get on the net and find the exact car you want somewhere else. 

A 12 month old one should be around £44-47k. They won't be giving that much of a discount on new. The max is around £7k at the moment off list.

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Get on the net and find the exact car you want somewhere else. 

A 12 month old one should be around £44-47k. They won't be giving that much of a discount on new. The max is around £7k at the moment off list.

Did plenty of research on the net back in Nov/Dec &, even allowing for some discount on advertised used prices, didn't see anything like the £44-47k for a <12months old F Sport with Premier Pack.:sad:. (200t's were in the £32-37k range)

Agreed the deal in Dec for early Jan delivery. Discount on new for the spec mentioned eclipsed the £7k you mention by some margin though so I'm happy :tongue:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links