Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think somewhere in manual  (might be service manual) it says that it is recommended to service it every 2 years. That is specifically to refresh the lubricant in the coolant and to replaced any coolant which might have leaked (coolant slowly leaks regardless through the seals).

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. I have the same problem now on my 08 IS250, and the AC pump clutch is not spinning at all. Wondering if anyone could recommend a garage in Glasgow and advise whether it is safe to drive the vehicle or it's better use a recovery truck?

On 3/3/2018 at 5:15 PM, Fishboy said:

I've plenty garages locally who wil do an AC service, do all manufacturers use the same refrigerant gas?

Most cars up until recently use R134A refrigerant, but there is a big difference in the oil used depending on if the car is a hybrid or not. Using PAG oil or even equipment that used this oil on a hybrid car AC system will destroy the electric drive motor. PAG oil is used in conventional car AC systems. The correct oil for hybrid cars is ND11.

The compressors used in conventional cars "engine driven" use multi piston units operated by a type of cam. Hybrid compressors are of the scroll type driven directly by an electric motor cooled by the oil, and gas in the system.

John  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SexyLexi said:

Ive just realised my IS220d belt doesnt go around the AC, which belt would this be if i where to need a replacement?

Try to find former owner or car history. The belt was changed att a time. Maybe some nr. on the belt.

Using air con or not using it might not have affect. They seem to die on is250 at 10 years age.

Happened to me and I have posted about it. Thanks to John, Linas and other members here I was able to put the car back on road when RAC failed to fault find.

What you should try is turn the ignition on. Don't start the engine. Toggle ac to on and off a few times then set it to off. Then try starting the car.

If that does not work then you need to remove the belt and then start the car. Turn off the ac. Then put belt back on. Ensure ac is set to off and start the car. And off you go.

Remember removing belt means no water pump etc so only do it for few seconds.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links