Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have to change my inner tie rods due to steering wheel wobble, pulling to left and cannot wheel alignment. This was diagnosed at Kwik Fit.

However Lexus are quoting £270 a pair.

I have seen some at £25 each from firstline.

Any recommendations please. Many thanks in advance

I would ask Lexus for a 30% discount and see what happens. Try Lexus Birmingham.

First line in my experience are very low quality. They also own the late and very fine Borg and Beck. Not going there then either.

I’d either bite the bullet on OE or buy from the US, paying for something like Beck & Arnley which has a warranty. There’s more choice for the money.

Yes Birmingham is where I get my parts from. Here is the reply. Below

Good afternoon

We do not keep these items in stock but I can order them for you. They would arrive with us within 3 working days from the point of order.

The best price I can offer you is £270.61 for both.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead and order.

Kind Regards

Connor Pagett – Parts Consultant

Lexus Birmingham

Tel: 0121 377 4200

Fax: 0121 377 4224

Direct parts line: 0845 873 3300

Really struggling with this one

"

1 hour ago, Newbie1 said:

Crucial steering component in a wet area. Go Toyota OEM. Replace the seals, too. Sorry, it's the cost of ownership of these cars...

I agree, I wouldn't risk mine or my passengers lives with iffy steering parts. It is the price paid for owning these cars.  They don't go wrong that often but when they do the price of parts can be painful.

There are cheaper alternatives out there but buying from the states or Japan OEM parts will not save you much after import duties vat and shipping as the pound is weak .

I agree with other members do not risk cheap parts on a serious if not the most serious part of the car.

Go back to other dealers in the UK and try to get a bit off but don't bank on much as they are getting them from Japan by air freight so they are paying top dollar for shipping.

Tinonline

I have sourced what I can only find as the cheapest OEM supplier and that is

JP-CARPARTS.com this is a genuine  oem car parts supplier and the tie rod ends part no 43330-59045 come in at  $73 each unshipped and untaxed or dutied. You will need to source the reference chain to a similar year Celsior on their site as the Lexus does not show until after 2000 which is when it was first marketed as Lexus in Japan

I  have an inquiry in to source a filter box sub assembly for my car which I need and they are the only company I have found who will supply that part the rest want to supply the whole unit which I don't need and that whole unit is £500 unshipped.

The reason I am stating this unrelated event is to show the value in searching the world wide web constantly.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Tinonline

I have sourced what I can only find as the cheapest OEM supplier and that is

JP-CARPARTS.com this is a genuine  oem car parts supplier and the tie rod ends part no 43330-59045 come in at  $73 each unshipped and untaxed or dutied. You will need to source the reference chain to a similar year Celsior on their site as the Lexus does not show until after 2000 which is when it was first marketed as Lexus in Japan

I  have an inquiry in to source a filter box sub assembly for my car which I need and they are the only company I have found who will supply that part the rest want to supply the whole unit which I don't need and that whole unit is £500 unshipped.

The reason I am stating this unrelated event is to show the value in searching the world wide web constantly.

Update

Received  quote for the part this morning and it is available at a fraction of the cost of a UK sourced replacement.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links