Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally done it

Paulcp

After stalling on the purchase of a RX450h 2 years ago in favour of a Discovery Sport, I finally had enough of arrogant LR and its dealers with their failure to recognise their faults so changed last month to the car I know I should have bought 2 years ago.

Took delivery of a RX450h F Sport with premium pack late January and so far very happy with the decision. Took a while to work through the multitude of settings but the car is now settled and after 1250 miles, including a 500 mile return trip, it is doing everything I expected of it. I'm getting used to the CVT box with my only concern with the car being how it will shape up when the snow arrives.

• Like 2

I had a new type Range Rover Sport before I got my RX450h and I agree about the poor LR dealers.

The RX is maybe not as capable off road in the ultimate as the RRS but almost nobody needs this capability anyway. As for snow, It never came along while I had my RX (I live in the softy south) but I would think it would cope OK.

I also had a 2013 run out old model RRS before the Discovery Sport and agree that most LR owners never need the off road capabilities that the cars have to offer. To be honest, neither did I, so I'm not expecting the RX to compete in this area. Just hope I'm not embarrassed trying to exit my driveway when the white stuff comes :laugh:

On 23/02/2018 at 8:41 PM, malcolmw said:

I had a new type Range Rover Sport before I got my RX450h and I agree about the poor LR dealers.

The RX is maybe not as capable off road in the ultimate as the RRS but almost nobody needs this capability anyway. As for snow, It never came along while I had my RX (I live in the softy south) but I would think it would cope OK.

Hi Malcolm, I recall there was a guy from the RRS forum days who moved to a RX. Now just twigged that it was you as I searched the forum. I always regretted not buying the RX at the time I sold the RRS, staying with LR was a big mistake. 

Looks as though you've now moved on from the RX, anything you felt adverse about it?

I think the RX is a very good vehicle and I see that you have been wiser than I was in choice of model. I had a Premier which has wider, less supportive seats than the F-Sport and a wood-rim steering wheel which I never did like. The body colour wheel inserts on the Premier are a bit of a gimmick and the F-Sport wheels are just fine.

I got about 33mpg overall in 18 months ownership which is about 10% better than the RRS SDV6 Diesel.

I decided to move from the Land Rover brand for several reasons, indifferent dealers included, but the clincher was when I priced up a replacement RRS and the cost to change was just ridiculous as LR had changed the model range and specs.

The RX just does everything it needs to without fuss. Just what you need. 

Yes, they were also my reasons for moving away from the RRS but 18 months ago, when I first looked at the RX, I was impressed but there were items on the Premier that I wanted that weren't and couldn't be fitted to the F Sport. After driving the Premier, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a car with a wooden steering wheel and didn't like the seats after being used to the RRS ones. In the end I took the even cheaper option of buying a top spec Discovery Sport and, for various reasons, lived to regret it.

I looked again at the RX, back in December, when I found out that the F Sport could be specified with the Premier Pack. Mind was made up quickly. The sales guy remembered me from before and quickly put a decent deal together.

Really happy so far, fuel consumption no worse than the Discovery Sport and much, much more refined. Only downside so far, which doesn't affect me but has caused our daughter to moan, is no heated rear seats, something I never thought to ask but just assumed would be fitted on this type of car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulcp said:

Yes, they were also my reasons for moving away from the RRS but 18 months ago, when I first looked at the RX, I was impressed but there were items on the Premier that I wanted that weren't and couldn't be fitted to the F Sport. After driving the Premier, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a car with a wooden steering wheel and didn't like the seats after being used to the RRS ones. In the end I took the even cheaper option of buying a top spec Discovery Sport and, for various reasons, lived to regret it.

I looked again at the RX, back in December, when I found out that the F Sport could be specified with the Premier Pack. Mind was made up quickly. The sales guy remembered me from before and quickly put a decent deal together.

Really happy so far, fuel consumption no worse than the Discovery Sport and much, much more refined. Only downside so far, which doesn't affect me but has caused our daughter to moan, is no heated rear seats, something I never thought to ask but just assumed would be fitted on this type of car.

Heated rear seats are an option in the states, along with electric rear outer seats with electric folding for the bench. 

No idea why they didn't include it in the UK. Luckily, Im usually the only one in the car so its not too much of a problem

I too have contemplated an RR Sport. I managed to test drive a facelift last week and I couldn't really justify the cost to change. It  came out to almost £70k with the same spec. Granted they hold their value rather well but forking out another £32k is a lot for not much more. May as well get another RX, but I love this one, so I think Ill keep it a while!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links