Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What would you like to improve to your car?

3 hours ago, Ben1001 said:

What pressure do you recommend?

I don't know Ben. Look in your owners handbook for the tyre pressure and check each one. Also check the TPMS in your car and that it's set to what the handbook states. 

Maybe also get your lexus dealer to check your cars traction control light and sensors. Maybe a sensor is a bit dicky. Worth a look I'd say.

I don't like the Sat Nav so I have installed a Tom Tom which is far easier to use and I find the ride a little bit harsh even on 17 inch wheels. I will change to Michelin Cross Climate tyres next year. On the plus side it goes around corners as it it's on rails and grips like a demented dentist.

8 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I agree with Rayaans. Altho you have the same brand tyres then they're either at the wrong pressures or sub standard which is possible. Yes there are copies of tyres with bad consequences. 

Or has a heavy right foot !

I don't think any car is good in the mud really is it unless its AWD. Mud will always cause some sort of spin just because of how slippy it is

The car has summer tyres on new, some are Bridgestones, others tend to be Dunlops. Our IS has only caused the traction control light to flicker when turning from a flat road onto a steep hill which caused one of the rear tyres to be momentarily lifted.

Summer tyres, on a cold day will slip somewhat anyway, especially if not warmed up sufficiently. Takes about 8-10 mins of constant driving for tyres to warm up (seen in an M140i)

My tuppenth worth

Heated seats aren’t powerful for me, though they do warm quick, they could be a touch hotter. They are extremely comfortable though and vented option is surprisingly effective.

Never had an issue with rear Demister, just leave the aircon on auto and Sflow off. When needed it works well. Front demist is also very good.

In car satnav and media, not the best, could be better. Some small software tweaks could make it so much better, but it’s not bad and no worse on routing and traffic than an equivalent BMW or Mercedes, they all use the same data after all! Sound quality is good.

Auto cruise, for me is too cautious and quick to slow down/get confused, it also doesn’t slow to a standstill and resume, though I believe the new NX facelift does this now.

Headlight tech. Lexus behind the Germans here with the latest auto/dynamic LED Systems. Again I think the new NX has only just offered something as an option. LED lights are bright , but headlamp design still gets dirty too quick and really affects light output.

Battery size/ Elec performance, I’d like a slightly bigger/higher density energy pack for around town. I don’t want the faff of plugging in though.

Fake sound - I quite like occasionally having a blast in Sport+ S mode with ASC turned up ( I mostly like wafting on motorway in silience too) but I wish they could keep the sound in sync with the paddle gear changes, it isn’t and spoils the experience. I like having a car with 2 different personalities. 

Ride comfort with AVS is perfectly fine. Handling is very good, better than expected and as good as its rivals.

Alloy wheel protection is rubbish and there is something about driving the car that makes me struggle to position it sometimes. I’ve kerbed wheels in stupid situations. Can’t put my finger on it, steering too quick or just difficult to judge where the wheels are in relation to where you think they are.

Lastly, all the clever tech in the car and still a horrible quartz analogue clock which doesn’t auto set/ sync or do anything fancy. Why Lexus...why!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steve44 said:

with rear Demister, just leave the aircon on auto and Sflow off.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. I usually have S-flow turned on as most of the time there are no passengers in the back. But that probably slows down the demisting effect of the airconditioning. I'll try turning it off to see if the extra airflow to the back will speed up the demisting.

24 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

@steve44 the analogue clock is class and shows the luxury of the car. Way better than any lcd time piece.

21 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

It would if it was not made out of plastic....

This is what you need then ..

GENUINE LEXUS JAPAN 2015-2017 RC F-SPORT SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL GLASS PREMIUM CLOCK 

a13_6b37c0ae-3180-44a0-bfd6-16c6b333962e

https://lexusboutique.net/collections/rc-300h-2015-2017/products/genuine-lexus-japan-2015-2017-rc-f-sport-sapphire-crystal-glass-premium-clock

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh. Kindly explain then how the clock in my premier premium feels very cold to the touch if it were made of plastic? 

Mines metal.

Cant judge about yours as mine is an F-sport 2015 model. That clock is as plastic as plastic can be. It sounds like plastic when i tick it with my fingernail, it feels like plastic looks like plastic and just like the housing surrounding it ( all around the vents ) it is plastic. Looks good, but it is not metal in my car. Maybe the premier has a different clock.

On 25/02/2018 at 9:11 AM, Ben1001 said:

The traction is awful, an AWD option in the UK would of been good.

I'm glad it isn't just me who thinks that, impossible to get the power down without spinning the wheels.

For me:

Way too many rattles, especially when particularly cold or hot.

Better throttle response,  so much for instant torque!!

Would be nice for the CVT to properly mimic an auto box when selecting manual, think it would give a much better drive (albeit less economical).

a PTC heater running from the traction Battery to quickly heat the car up in cold conditions.  It takes forever to warm up on a cold day.

For the USB playback to actually work and not reset itself and play the same tracks over and over again.

darrude 

I agree with your issues around the rattles I have one which will start anytime now as the weather warms up. Lexus have agreed to look at this under warranty for me so we will see. 

around the traction, in have the f sport with 255/35/18 on the rear and I must say under hard acceleration the light hardly comes on, I'm running Michelin pilot sport 4's. 

9 hours ago, darrude said:

I'm glad it isn't just me who thinks that, impossible to get the power down without spinning the wheels.

I find that remarkable. Whatever i try i just cannot spin the rears not even in the wet. The millisecond they loose traction the tractioncontrol kicks in!

is you TC working properly?

wheels spin up, and TC allows a reasonable amount of spin before killing the power.  Could very well be down to tyre choice, I'm currently running winter tyres, which are worse and the summers are low rolling resistance yoko's.  My last car was a similar nightmare until changing tyres.  think the rears on the non F-sport / premium cars are 225, so reasonably wide for the weight / power.  My summers only have one season left so will look at pilot sports...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darrude said:

For me:

Way too many rattles, especially when particularly cold or hot.

Better throttle response,  so much for instant torque!!

Would be nice for the CVT to properly mimic an auto box when selecting manual, think it would give a much better drive (albeit less economical).

a PTC heater running from the traction battery to quickly heat the car up in cold conditions.  It takes forever to warm up on a cold day.

For the USB playback to actually work and not reset itself and play the same tracks over and over again.

Regards mimicking an auto box then when I got my 300h Executive I had a play around with the settings - from what I found if you use the paddles with the gear selector in the usual D then all that does is allow you to select a lower gear to aid engine braking - e.g. a long downhill where you want some engine braking (though with the regen brakes not sure that is really necessary unless you live in the mountains) - the manual sort of explains this but very poorly. When used like this although a gear is shown on the display it certainly doesn't behave like a normal auto box. However, if you pull the gear lever across to S (and I usually put the Eco/Norm/Sport rotary dial into Sport too, though not sure whether this is necessary but seems to make sense if you have the gear selector in S) then use the paddles to shift I have found the 6x simulated gears are pretty good going up and down the gears and not too far off having a normal auto box with the paddle shift. Also in Sport and S the delivery of power is much more instantaneous - from what I understand the car uses more of the battery/electric to deliver acceleration (rather than economy). Must admit I don't use the paddles much except for a bit of fun now and again - I tend to leave the rotary dial in Eco for much of my driving but then pop it into Sport when I want to overtake or make a quick start (and let the car sort the gearing, so not paddles) and the take off is certainly satisfying for me. I came from a 2006 BMW 330i Auto and haven't felt that I have been lacking in performance where it matters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Regards mimicking an auto box then when I got my 300h Executive I had a play around with the settings - from what I found if you use the paddles with the gear selector in the usual D then all that does is allow you to select a lower gear to aid engine braking - e.g. a long downhill where you want some engine braking (though with the regen brakes not sure that is really necessary unless you live in the mountains) - the manual sort of explains this but very poorly. When used like this although a gear is shown on the display it certainly doesn't behave like a normal auto box. However, if you pull the gear lever across to S (and I usually put the Eco/Norm/Sport rotary dial into Sport too, though not sure whether this is necessary but seems to make sense if you have the gear selector in S) then use the paddles to shift I have found the 6x simulated gears are pretty good going up and down the gears and not too far off having a normal auto box with the paddle shift. Also in Sport and S the delivery of power is much more instantaneous - from what I understand the car uses more of the battery/electric to deliver acceleration (rather than economy). Must admit I don't use the paddles much except for a bit of fun now and again - I tend to leave the rotary dial in Eco for much of my driving but then pop it into Sport when I want to overtake or make a quick start (and let the car sort the gearing, so not paddles) and the take off is certainly satisfying for me. I came from a 2006 BMW 330i Auto and haven't felt that I have been lacking in performance where it matters.

Here is the explanation in the manual regards using paddles in D:

image.thumb.png.6b497e42353cd266983fce4e957163e8.png

And for using the paddles in S

image.thumb.png.5c799172c0d8d4065c844abf586268df.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links