Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I've got a 2008 GS450h (for sale if anyone's interested) :) and as I like the car so much all I wanted to get was the newer version 2012 onwards.. Is it me or are they just a rare car? have been looking since the beginning of Jan and can't find one 'that suits my specs and trim and not travelling the whole country to see. My mind has been wandering and have been looking at the Mercedes C350 e but cant decide whether to wait out the Lexus or to start looking at other things.

Would appreciate anyone's opinions either if the 350e is even a comparable car (I know its plug in hybrid) but had my heart set on another Lexus.

Is there anything else other than potentially the Infiniti that can come close?

Thanks

Wayne

MB stoped making cars their core business, it's now money. I was an MB fan since I bought for first back in '93. A dozen cars later, some nice, I gave up on anything post 2000. Lexus are the new Mercedes.

That said I do like my "91 G.  Nobody believes me it's 27 years old.

I dont think the C350e and the GS really compare.

The C class is ultimately a competitor for the IS, and therefore no match for the GS in terms of pure refinement, comfort and quality. 

Of course, the 450h engine is a masterpiece as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, claytow said:

and not travelling the whole country to see.

I'm not sure what you would consider a reasonable distance to travel, but you're searching for a rare care in a specific spec, and you live in Norfolk. That's unlikely to end well if you're expecting anything to come up locally within, say, the next decade or so...

I would certainly see a one-off long trip as preferable to having to settle for an inferior German option, but that's just me. I went from Suffolk to Stockport just for a 300h!

1 hour ago, Ten Ninety said:

I would certainly see a one-off long trip as preferable to having to settle for an inferior German option, but that's just me. I went from Suffolk to Stockport just for a 300h!

I agree with Jay.  I live in Carmarthenshire, similarly rural to Norfolk.

I have travelled for all of my previous cars, Milton Keynes, Wrexham, Mansfield, Southport and my RX was relatively local in Wolverhampton.

If you want the right car, you have to put the effort in.

2 hours ago, IanA2 said:

Any details fo the car...?

Hi Ian,

Was going to go trade in, it was a little tongue in cheek

However its a 2008, Blue with beige interior around 51,500 miles, very reasonable for the year not 100% history but only a small bit missing, been serviced and looked after  By Lexus ever since I've had it and not put a foot wrong really. 2Keys all receipts. To be fair theres nothing wrong with it, i'm selling as I came into a bit of money and have always wanted the newer one. Drop me a message if you're serious.

Wayne.

12 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

I agree with Jay.  I live in Carmarthenshire, similarly rural to Norfolk.

I have travelled for all of my previous cars, Milton Keynes, Wrexham, Mansfield, Southport and my RX was relatively local in Wolverhampton.

If you want the right car, you have to put the effort in.

Steve,

I have no issue travelling, the furthest I've seen is Edinburgh in comparative distance ot me, but I need to find the right car first, all of the ones I have seen arent quite what I'm looking for.