Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Groaning suspension

45 minutes ago, Omegajb said:

I got my car back from Lexus today, I was told that the top mount suspension has gone, hence me hearing the groaning. They are ordering the part and will fit and replace for free due to being under warranty.

On 24/02/2018 at 1:35 PM, rayaans said:

Groaning and Creaking would make me think upper suspension mounts but surely not on a car that 1 year old. 

Guess it was upper suspension mount after all!

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Guess it was upper suspension mount after all!

But then you did say surely not in a one year old car. I'll give you a 9 out of 10 Ray but not a 10 :wink3:

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

But then you did say surely not in a one year old car. I'll give you a 9 out of 10 Ray but not a 10 :wink3:

Ive only ever seen it on cars with 60k+ miles aged over 6-7 years. Premature failure would indicate a manufacturing defect in my books

I did ask why has this gone so early, as I have only driven 5k miles since June. The lady said that they can go at any time... Which is why it is covered under warranty. I am more in line with Rayaans surely it is a defective part, but as it's covered I decided not to argue.

I wonder if my issue was the same, but they didn't want to tell me because of my previous issues? Curious that the exact same symptoms could be resolved with a bit of cleaning on one car but a new part on another...I'm probably being paranoid!

On 3/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, rayaans said:

Ive only ever seen it on cars with 60k+ miles aged over 6-7 years. Premature failure would indicate a manufacturing defect in my books

Yep. Or perhaps a design defect that only happens under a certain set of circumstances? I had a Renault 19 16V company car many years ago and Renault had to re-design the upper mounts for the front struts. Some cars suffered from it others didn't. Not great for a Lexus though and I'd be concerned the noise would come back, Hopefully it won't though

Have to say I've fallen back in love with my NX over the past few weeks. So quiet, so smooth, so comfortable...and hopefully no more issues! And having cleaned it at the weekend, it's looking great too. Happy days :smile:

• Like 2

Delighted to hear it Ed:yahoo::yahoo:As I said earlier I know what you have gone through but thankfully it seems that the wait has been worth it! Remember I had to wait 11 months for a resolution with my first CRV and even then I really swithered as to “do I stay with this marque or not!

Glad to see you’re now a happy bunny - long may it continue.

Many more happy miles and enjoyment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I've got yet another issue with my NX - a creaking (quite loud) to the rear of the car.

Attempts to resolve it have failed so far, and the good news is that in August (ish) I'll be getting a brand new NX Luxury. Lexus UK and Lexus Swindon have been just superb. All I'm waiting to confirm is the colour combination, depending on what is available. First choice is Mercury Grey with rose red leather, but I'll also take a few other combinations. I chose to stay with an NX as I love the car and it suits my requirements perfectly, although I'll admit to being tempted by a GS!

I fully accept I've been incredibly unlucky with this car, but the level of customer service and attention throughout my issues has been 95% perfect. I'll bet I wouldn't have been so fortunate with most other marques.

Excellent stuff. 👍

@First_Lexus great news Ed. In my opinion only the best car manufacturers would replace with a brand new car. As you are aware Honda replaced my CR-V after 11 months of DPF trouble. That is one reason whilst like you the NX really suits my needs, I will never “knock” Honda.

Enjoy your new Lexus when it arrives, and many miles of trouble free motoring in it.

• 2 weeks later...