Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at buying a Lexus IS250 SE-L

5 minutes ago, rdb85 said:

That’s a good point. The main dealer one I was going to try and get them to update the satnav and get a service done. The Warrington one looks nice, reckon I could somehow bargain him down on the price.

If the sat nav is DVD based then its around £30 to update .... not sure on the HDD version. Unless you are there to see them actually service the car I woud not rely on this being a bargaining point, maybe for the stamp in the book then buy it and do the service yourself to be sure but that I guess is false economy. How often have you bought a car with a full MOT on it from the dealer that has been done to the "book".... selling tactic to sweeten a deal??

Guest rdb85
18 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

Took it as is

Would have been nice though ... with the amount of interest in it they said they should have considered asking a higher price for it

Theres plenty of others out there, i think its a question of timing.

Theres a nice Cheshire White 2010 F sport coming up as a P.Ex that people looking should watch out for....

I will keep an eye out for that. As I can’t see it on Autotrader or Gumtree.

I was thinking about the price and I thought at the time,  it was well worth paying the full amount to secure such a nice car. One thought did cross my mind though, and this applies to any IS250 and that is to have a real good look at the exhaust system especially a car that old because we all know how expensive they can me.

Enjoy your prize !

9 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Took it as is

Would have been nice though ... with the amount of interest in it they said they should have considered asking a higher price for it

Theres plenty of others out there, i think its a question of timing.

Theres a nice Cheshire White 2010 F sport coming up as a P.Ex that people looking should watch out for....

This the F-Sport?

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/IS-250/25-F-Sport-with-Multi-Media-Package-and-DAB-qxbmahr

1 hour ago, bernieeccles said:

I was thinking about the price and I thought at the time,  it was well worth paying the full amount to secure such a nice car. One thought did cross my mind though, and this applies to any IS250 and that is to have a real good look at the exhaust system especially a car that old because we all know how expensive they can me.

Enjoy your prize !

Agreed re the exhaust but it is getting easier to get the back bit as Lexus have released the design so third parties can make them.  Middle section harder due to two cats but again it can be done.  My exhaust holed within 3 month warranty period and garage agreed to pay for cat back stainless steel replacement.

1 hour ago, bernieeccles said:

Enjoy your prize !

I know about the exhaust issue - I may have been one of the first ones on the forum with the problem. But as Ken says above, the parts are becoming easier to find now. When mine went it was only available from Lexus at £3k unless you had a stainless one done.

11 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

The Warrington one was my next choice, mileage at that level is irrelevant. Lots of ways you can bargain down. I bought my first one at 60k and had it until recently at 107k. Looked after they will last a lot longer if no one decides they want to take it out.

Save the grand and put it towards a service on the car (done yourself) and some improvements.

Good idea.  I always take 3/6 months to do the various small bits and pieces to get a car to where I like.  Service, maybe new tyres if needed, brake discs and pads all round etc.  Mileage difference should not be an issue......these cars do mega mileages if looked after.  OP says he does 6k miles a year....10 years to do 60k miles......mmm.  Mine has done 68k miles now and suspect I'll keep it for a good few years.  Still looking for replacement rear tyres for mine but 8 inches of snow doesn't help.

Let me know what tyres you guys have on the rears..

Guest rdb85

That IS250 F Sport is over budget for myself. I’m sure it’s a lovely car. I will keep an eye out for the one that was mentioned. Nothing on eBay, Gumtree, eBay or Motors.co.uk that I can see.

Plus the wheels are shot - dont just consider the corrosion you can see - it gets between the tyre and the wheel inside also and causes air leaks like slow punctures. You will spend about £500 on a refurb

Guest rdb85
30 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

That's a manual. Would cost you £500-odd to tax it.

Oh yeah, good spot. Just come back from Warrington. It’s a nice car. But I’m still undecided whether to wait. As the one in Leicester has offered me £500 more than most for my Mini. 

Hi all.:yes:

I was lucky and i been deadly luck when i brought the Lexus  i had the Jaguar XK to part exchange as i was sick off the problems with it and was looking around for a car quick i consider a Vauxhall but decided against that and was just browsing at Autotrader looking at assorts off cars just needed to get rid off XK and saw a Lexus IS250 looked good at a dealer wanted a dealer car because off warranty.

Contacted Lexus Woodford where the car was and told it had gone:wacko: but the sales manager was telling me he had another one but better model IS 250SE-L but bit dearer i told him what i wanted to do money wise and we agreed a superb deal with me getting money back and a far superior car:yahoo:

Seems like they go faster than i ever thought must be down to the quality and reputation they have.:wink3:.

Keep looking and one will come up my advise is get from a dealer the service i had from mine was second to none better service than i had when i brought my Jaguar x-type new from the Jaguar dealer.

Best off luck 65mike.:yes:

P.S And here is what i got she is a beauty.:yahoo:

Image.thumb.png.bf635229429a2197a72fbfaf14b36359.png

• Like 1

Guest rdb85
5 hours ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.:yes:

I was lucky and i been deadly luck when i brought the Lexus  i had the Jaguar XK to part exchange as i was sick off the problems with it and was looking around for a car quick i consider a Vauxhall but decided against that and was just browsing at Autotrader looking at assorts off cars just needed to get rid off XK and saw a Lexus IS250 looked good at a dealer wanted a dealer car because off warranty.

Contacted Lexus Woodford where the car was and told it had gone:wacko: but the sales manager was telling me he had another one but better model IS 250SE-L but bit dearer i told him what i wanted to do money wise and we agreed a superb deal with me getting money back and a far superior car:yahoo:

Seems like they go faster than i ever thought must be down to the quality and reputation they have.:wink3:.

Keep looking and one will come up my advise is get from a dealer the service i had from mine was second to none better service than i had when i brought my Jaguar x-type new from the Jaguar dealer.

Best off luck 65mike.:yes:

P.S And here is what i got she is a beauty.:yahoo:

Image.thumb.png.bf635229429a2197a72fbfaf14b36359.png

That is lovely, I don’t recall that being advertised. That’s a good find.

Hi all.

Rob thanks :yahoo: it was a lucky break as the one i enquired about was sold but sales manager offers me this one no pictures were available at the time and was brought last October 2017.

The deal was quick spoke to sales manager on the Friday purchased it on the Saturday and collected it following weekend.:yes:

65mike.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:38 AM, bernieeccles said:

One thought did cross my mind though, and this applies to any IS250 and that is to have a real good look at the exhaust system especially a car that old because we all know how expensive they can me.

Bear in mind that would apply to any similar age/mileage car. When it comes to replacement I highly doubt anyone uses genuine replacement parts for exhaust for any make... simply because aftermarket systems not only cheaper, but as well better "optimised" for owners preference (extra noise or simply better rust protection from SS).

My point - if you looking at 8-10 old car it is very likely you will need to spend £500-1000 on exhaust, obviously Lexus IS250 slightly more pricey with dual exhaust and comes towards higher price in that range ~ £800.