Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at buying a Lexus IS250 SE-L

Guest rdb85

One in Warrington and Leicester, have both been sold. I am still going to keep an eye out for one. Hopefully one turns up locally. 

Guest rdb85

Few more have come up, they are quite old, and have high mileage. Will leave those, that F Sport in White still hasn't shown up. 

3 hours ago, rdb85 said:

Few more have come up, they are quite old, and have high mileage. Will leave those, that F Sport in White still hasn't shown up. 

One thing to maybe consider is to get an older IS250 at a lower price.  Say 4k to 5k.

It maybe that you are seeking the holy grail of IS250s in that the 9k price point is right about model change level....so you will see newer models just outside your price range and you will probably keep hankering after one of those.

Just a thought.

Guest rdb85
28 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

One thing to maybe consider is to get an older IS250 at a lower price.  Say 4k to 5k.

It maybe that you are seeking the holy grail of IS250s in that the 9k price point is right about model change level....so you will see newer models just outside your price range and you will probably keep hankering after one of those.

Just a thought.

That's true, I want to be one with lowish mileage. I  don't want to spend say £5k on a car then have to spend a load more maintaining it. It would make sense to go for a newer car. There is not many on Autotrader that I like the look of. 

There is one in Farnborough at the moment which I spotted yesterday - I think its around 50k miles and up for 5kish, (2006 or 2007 in silver) not sure if it has a service history (think it was mentioned but not sure)

Black leather / auto and an SE-L.

Will you be self maintaining it? Had mine for 5 years and it was only the exhaust and sensor that gave me jip.... bought mine at 60k miles and it was murdered at 107k miles and there was nothing wrong with the car with years of life left in it.

One thing I will say, don't buy one of these if you are not going to look after it as they do need maintaining (oil service / brake calipers) if you keep it in good nick it will look after you.

You have seen the market for these...the SE-L's always shift, especially the low mileage ones as the buyers genuinely know they are a reliable car. Unless you are surfing the web 24 hours a day, chances are that you will miss the good ones that come up as they sell very well which it a testament to their reliability. 50k miles is decent for this car - look through the adds and you will see them being sold at 150, even 170k miles for decent prices.

Have you driven one? You may not like it after all of the searching you are doing....?

Guest rdb85
56 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

There is one in Farnborough at the moment which I spotted yesterday - I think its around 50k miles and up for 5kish, (2006 or 2007 in silver) not sure if it has a service history (think it was mentioned but not sure)

Black leather / auto and an SE-L.

Will you be self maintaining it? Had mine for 5 years and it was only the exhaust and sensor that gave me jip.... bought mine at 60k miles and it was murdered at 107k miles and there was nothing wrong with the car with years of life left in it.

One thing I will say, don't buy one of these if you are not going to look after it as they do need maintaining (oil service / brake calipers) if you keep it in good nick it will look after you.

You have seen the market for these...the SE-L's always shift, especially the low mileage ones as the buyers genuinely know they are a reliable car. Unless you are surfing the web 24 hours a day, chances are that you will miss the good ones that come up as they sell very well which it a testament to their reliability. 50k miles is decent for this car - look through the adds and you will see them being sold at 150, even 170k miles for decent prices.

Have you driven one? You may not like it after all of the searching you are doing....?

I’ve not seen that one, I only want to travel a radius of 60 miles. If it’s the one on Gumtree it’s sold. I don’t have mechanical knowledge so it would be a main dealer for the servicing. But there is not much for sale on Autotrader at the moment.

Guest rdb85

I have decided to wait until one comes up locally, I will then test drive one. But I would rather wait, rather than buy an older high mileage car. Hopefully one comes up soon.

Theres nothing real major on the MOT history check - looks like the tyres and brakes have had a hard life. A coolant leak may suggest water pump failure so check its been done or it does not need doing yet as its around the mileage to expect the pump failure although owners have reported them lasting longer ... a full service history is good - ask where its been serviced and get in touch with the centre to check two things (water pump replacement) & (spark plug replacement)

To be honest asking £6k for a 2006 model at 70k miles is a bit pricey - I would imagine that's way over book price but has been priced high due to its condition not the age of the car. It looks tidy though but don't expect to get anything near what you pay for it when you come to sell

If it was me, I would leave it or try to bring the price down. More will come up and its a case of waiting for them.

Guest rdb85
2 hours ago, is200 Newbie said:

Theres nothing real major on the MOT history check - looks like the tyres and brakes have had a hard life. A coolant leak may suggest water pump failure so check its been done or it does not need doing yet as its around the mileage to expect the pump failure although owners have reported them lasting longer ... a full service history is good - ask where its been serviced and get in touch with the centre to check two things (water pump replacement) & (spark plug replacement)

To be honest asking £6k for a 2006 model at 70k miles is a bit pricey - I would imagine that's way over book price but has been priced high due to its condition not the age of the car. It looks tidy though but don't expect to get anything near what you pay for it when you come to sell

If it was me, I would leave it or try to bring the price down. More will come up and its a case of waiting for them.

I got an alert from Autotrader, so I thought I would just put it out there. But I will carry on my wait.

Guest rdb85

I’ve seen those on eBay, that 09 plate is shocking, especially for the price they want for it. The F Sport looks lovely. I like the colour.

Whats the difference between that and an SE-L? Also how’s the Lexus?

2 minutes ago, rdb85 said:

I’ve seen those on eBay, that 09 plate is shocking, especially for the price they want for it. The F Sport looks lovely. I like the colour.

Whats the difference between that and an SE-L? Also how’s the Lexus?

I believe the better spec is the SE-L but the F Sport has a few bits the SE-L does not have so its personal choice really...

Cars fine - a couple of things I want to change but no big deal. Runs great. Brakes done and the next thing is a service (oil etc) just so I know its been done...

20 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Plenty of pictures of the red F-Sport on the seller's website

https://www.crowtherlodgemotorcompany.co.uk/used-lexus-is-gateshead-tyne-and-wear-152279

Looks ok but it could do with better pictures. Wheels looked curbed. Room for a bit of a haggle with the price

MOT history is not too bad - good price for the year and mileage also - worth a phone call?

F-Sport has all the same gadgets as SE-L apart from ventilated seats and the rear blind.

Stuff unique to the F-Sport

• Mesh grille
  • Aluminium pedals
  • Anthracite headlining
  • Half-leather/alcantara sport seats
  • F-branded steering wheel
  • 18" 15-spoke "Hoshi" alloys
  • Rear spoiler
  • lowered suspension

You should check one out that's nearby. When I was looking at IS250s I was dead set on getting one that had leather but as soon as I sat in an F-Sport, I was sold.

2 minutes ago, is200 Newbie said:

Looks ok but it could do with better pictures. Wheels looked curbed. Room for a bit of a haggle with the price

Yep. Possibly had a cheapo refurb since they're the wrong colour and didn't bother to match the centre caps.

25 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

F-Sport has all the same gadgets as SE-L apart from ventilated seats and the rear blind.

Stuff unique to the F-Sport

• Mesh grille
  • Aluminium pedals
  • Anthracite headlining
  • Half-leather/alcantara sport seats
  • F-branded steering wheel
  • 18" 15-spoke "Hoshi" alloys
  • Rear spoiler
  • lowered suspension

You should check one out that's nearby. When I was looking at IS250s I was dead set on getting one that had leather but as soon as I sat in an F-Sport, I was sold.

I like the seats in these - they look comfy compared to the leather ones !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamish said:

Red F-Sport would now appear to be sold.

Just goes to show you need to be quick off the mark with these - should that not have a good bearing on the re-sale value on them ?