Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is typical mileage from a full tank of fuel

Matt5195

Hi all,

I have a 65 plate CT200h F-Sport which i bought 3 months ago, I am getting around 250 miles range out of a full tank of fuel (petrol and electric), is this what other CT owners are getting?  To me it does not seem to be seem to be good on fuel.

When i fill the tank up my range is always around the 400 mile mark, i drive from the petrol station to my house (1 mile) and my range as gone down by 5 miles, even when i am in electric only mode, the range on the car keeps going down, and as i said above i am averaging around 250 miles out of a full tank. I do a mix of short and long journeys and the fuel consumption is always from 30-60 MPG.

Any other CT owners getting the same fuel economy figures?

9 hours ago, Matt5195 said:

Hi all,

I have a 65 plate CT200h F-Sport which i bought 3 months ago, I am getting around 250 miles range out of a full tank of fuel (petrol and electric), is this what other CT owners are getting?  To me it does not seem to be seem to be good on fuel.

When i fill the tank up my range is always around the 400 mile mark, i drive from the petrol station to my house (1 mile) and my range as gone down by 5 miles, even when i am in electric only mode, the range on the car keeps going down, and as i said above i am averaging around 250 miles out of a full tank. I do a mix of short and long journeys and the fuel consumption is always from 30-60 MPG.

Any other CT owners getting the same fuel economy figures?

If you're doing short trips most of the time, then that will be completely normal.

My wife mainly does short trips in the IS and gets around 30mpg. I get the same in my RX but my distances are often longer. 

Its mainly because the engine needs to heat up fully so will be on even if you're coasting around using motors. Once its fully warm, it'll switch off more often and for longer periods of time. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies,

I understand about the engine needing to warm up and the fuel economy on short journeys will be lower, but i went from S Wales to N Wales and back in 2 days, about 130 miles each way and the car used up a full tank (20 miles of range left), the journey was on A roads and i was averaging about 50MPH.  I just think the fuel economy is low, i will keep an eye on it and if it remains the same i will take it to Lexus.

I reckon you only achieved around 33mpg for that journey. I had ~2 gallons left when the gauge showed zero cruising range and at approx. 50mph I would have got maybe high 50mpg.

My gen 4 RX achieved 39mpg on the way back form Lexus Birmingham the day I picked it up. Most of the M1 was 50mph speed limit

5 hours ago, Matt5195 said:

Thanks for the replies,

I understand about the engine needing to warm up and the fuel economy on short journeys will be lower, but i went from S Wales to N Wales and back in 2 days, about 130 miles each way and the car used up a full tank (20 miles of range left), the journey was on A roads and i was averaging about 50MPH.  I just think the fuel economy is low, i will keep an eye on it and if it remains the same i will take it to Lexus.

The thing you do not state is how much fuel you are having to fill up with. It is possible that the gauge is reading low when there is still half a tank left. There is a procedure to reset the fuel gauge.

I had a gen2 Prius and I would expect the CT to have very similar fuel consumption figures. I used to get 600 miles to a tank on a regular basis "60+ miles to the gallon. The CT is based on the Prius gen3 drive train, and engine that is more economical than the gen2 version, but the CT does not quite get the same fuel figures as it is heavier, and does not have the Prius low drag figures.

If the CT has an electric mode button? using it on the road will use more fuel not less. About the only time this feature is of use is if you need to swap cars round on your drive.

John

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies,

I am refilling the CT when it either as 1 or 2 bars left on fuel gauge, i am putting about £35 of fuel in (approx 30 litres), i have been monitoring the fuel and the last few refills i have been getting around 160 miles to half a tank then the bottom half a tank goes down quickly (usually after about 40-50 miles of driving my range is saying 20-30 miles left), is the procedure to reset fuel gauge something you can do yourself or will it need to go into Lexus?

31 minutes ago, Matt5195 said:

Thanks for the replies,

I am refilling the CT when it either as 1 or 2 bars left on fuel gauge, i am putting about £35 of fuel in (approx 30 litres), i have been monitoring the fuel and the last few refills i have been getting around 160 miles to half a tank then the bottom half a tank goes down quickly (usually after about 40-50 miles of driving my range is saying 20-30 miles left), is the procedure to reset fuel gauge something you can do yourself or will it need to go into Lexus?

I will see if I can dig out the instructions for resetting the gauge, but Lexus should do this for you if you ask.

The tank capacity is given as 45Ltrs "approx 10 gallons". So at only 30 mpg you should have a range of 300 miles which is terrible. Around 55 mpg should be easily attainable on reasonable runs if not 60 mpg+ giving the range of 600 miles as per my first post. Around 45/50 mpg on short runs should be a reasonable target.

John.

Thanks Paul,

i am am keeping an eye on my mileage, I currently have done 270 miles with 45 miles range remaining (2 bars on fuel gauge), i am going to take it back to Lexus and ask them to look at it.

• Like 1