Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The post on LS430 Aux input has kicked me into action on something I have been meaning to do for some time, fitting a USB input to the standard LS400 stereo. It also comes with integrated Bluetooth for the phone.

The unit is the Dension Gateway Lite BT and cost just over a hundred quid.

It plugs in to the CD input and they seem to know the score on the rather non standard Lexus wiring - this I'll confirm when I fit it. 

• Like 1

Bought on off eBay a month ago. A GBL32BT1 allegedly for Toyota/Lexus.... LS400 W reg

Not attempted a fit yet, weather is against things. I'll be watching with interest John.

I bought one of these and I must say that it bluetoothed perfectly to my Android  Mobile phone outside my house. What I'm not so sure about is if my old Sony MP3 A1000 player will work via the Aux input on the unit.  I've lost my connecting jack to jack cable at the moment and although it refers to MP3 in the Ad, it suggests MP4 in the little booklet that came with it.  Is there an MP4? I'm not au fait with audio.  The only other thing I'm waiting on an answer from the seller is, the fact that they say in the Ad that the contents include a Remote.  Not seen in the box, though also not seen in the visuals for the Ad. 

Works better than some other FM Tranmitters I've tried.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FM-Transmitter-Bluetooth-5-V-Wireless-Radio-Modulator-Car-MP3-Player-USB-Charger/183070632650?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

ps to last - I should say I was playing Music via the Bluetooth and clarty was superb.   Never used a phone in a Car but Bluetooth could (if unlikely) to be useful, I suppose.  Personally I hate mobile phones and as my last months Virgin bill was £1.50 (no monthly contract) it shows I'm in the Billy no Mates  team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

ps to last - I should say I was playing Music via the bluetooth and clarty was superb.   Never used a phone in a Car but bluetooth could (if unlikely) to be useful, I suppose.  Personally I hate mobile phones and as my last months Virgin bill was £1.50 (no monthly contract) it shows I'm in the Billy no Mates  team.

I have a pay as you go and last month it cost £0 and the month before that and so on. I have the phone which is an old Nokia that fits into the cradle that came with the Lexus purely for emergencies being disabled. I hate the things.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I tried to fit this on Sunday, but the multi plugs are different - 12 pin not 14 like mine, though they look the same at a glance.

I have emailed the manufacturers, who now tell me that it only fits the US version, and they do not have a conversion loom.

They should make this clear on their site - Now I must try to get my money back.

They have responded quickly so far, so I hope there won't be any problems.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2018 at 2:37 PM, JohnDavis said:

Well, I tried to fit this on Sunday, but the multi plugs are different - 12 pin not 14 like mine, though they look the same at a glance.

I have emailed the manufacturers, who now tell me that it only fits the US version, and they do not have a conversion loom.

They should make this clear on their site - Now I must try to get my money back.

They have responded quickly so far, so I hope there won't be any problems.

Hi, I had the same issue with Dension, but I found the easy solution, take a look here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-1st-and-2nd-gen-1990-2000/813254-dension-iphone4s-audio-hook-up.html#post10736275

• Like 1