Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought This + By-Product

46 minutes ago, stericker said:

Yes Denis. There is Snow Mode on a 1999 400.

Good, I thought I saw it come up on center consul screen at some point when I was fiddling with it, can you tell me how to activate it? I'm still quite lost on center console screen yet, thanks

23 hours ago, dendonc said:

Good, I thought I saw it come up on center consul screen at some point when I was fiddling with it, can you tell me how to activate it? I'm still quite lost on center console screen yet, thanks

Snow mode button is the same as the 'rocket boost button'  Yours should be opposite side to one in picture.

Engage snow mode by pressing bottom of switch (to disengage, press the bottom again).

Just remember not to press the top otherwise you engage rocket mode.

You will notice a drop in revs engaging snow mode as soon as you do it. 

Snow Mode.jpg

guys, please tell if anyone knows .............  just what is the " shift lock " button for and when would you use it ?

Always wondered and I've never pressed mine. Think I read in the manual once but didn't understand it even then :withstupid: 

Malc

Shift lock allows the gear selector to be moved when the ignition is off. 

Why? for towing and/or pushing the car around (if that's your thing!).

It also allows the shifter to be moved when removing the center console.

Glad I now know about shift lock, never knew what it was about & left it alone, thanks.

So, snow mode, got it now, sound very much like traction control, is there any difference? seems I picked the right moment in UK time to bring that up, I dont think I will have much need of it, I think driving around in these conditions in inner/central London's 'rat run' side streets is risky, if a car gets into a 'slide' it is out of control & there is nothing you can do to stop it sliding into parked cars, or maybe worse, mines staying parked up & if this evenings London area abysmal driving weather forcast is anything to go by thats the safest option, jpeg shot around 10am this am, london W6 area

28th Feb 18.JPG

don't the kids in London make snowmen anymore  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  or go sledging along the pavements ? :biggrin: 

Malc

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

don't the kids in London make snowmen anymore  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  or go sledging along the pavements ?

Were in a completely child free zone:yes:

Wise move with the weather. I was in London yesterday to sort out a major part of the travel plans. Was surprised by the amount of snow, we had driven down from Leeds and the A1 & M1 closures played havoc on the way down!

I haven't seem weather like this since, I think, 2010 & 2012, but according to forcasts this lot might last longer, so much for a 'new' LS, thats parked up for a while yet, then it's off to my indi for rad flush & oil change first thing, I'd like to be able to say ''Im enjoying new car'' but most I can say is ''Think I'd better dig it out'':yucky: thank heavens for my down jacket & warm baselayers

Glad to have snow mode this morning. Nice steady drive in.

Brought me hiking boots to work, just in case I have to walk the last 10 miles home from work.  A bit of snow is not going to see me stuck 600 foot above sea level in a blizzard on the Cotswolds!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malc1 said:

don't the kids in London make snowmen anymore  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  or go sledging along the pavements ? :biggrin: 

Malc

And not forgetting the metal tea tray down the slopes and taking it back to mum all bent!

21 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

And not forgetting the metal tea tray down the slopes and taking it back to mum all bent!

not so bad with the solid silver tray, that reforms ever so easily :biggrin: 

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

not so bad with the solid silver tray, that reforms ever so easily :biggrin: 

Malc

Time has a way of embellishing history, it was more than likely EPNS!  Not a bad bit of off topic going on here, sorry Dennis.

12 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Not a bad bit of off topic

It's not off topic at all!, seems apart from skates the tea tray is best way to get the shopping, Those LS 400's are useless for the for-seeable futor!

On 2/27/2018 at 8:00 AM, Malc1 said:

suppose you've thought to sell it there and save the shipping costs back to the UK ?  Just a one way home air ticket ?  Let me know if you want to buy one and  maybe pvt message me if you wanted to explore that .......  Travel is my business professionally !  That's why I'm at my Delhi office right now :yes: 

Malc

Small world. I also work in travel and flew back from Delhi yesterday. A few people in London seemed surprised to see a man in white chinos, linen jacket and a safari hat wandering around in the snow . . .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dendonc said:

It's not off topic at all!, seems apart from skates the tea tray is best way to get the shopping, Those LS 400's are useless for the for-seeable futor!

You must be really frustrated!  Still, your ordeal may be over during the weekend. I certainly share your thoughts on driving an LS in the snow, I did it once and that was enough. 

Well I've just been surprised by my new log book dropping through letterbox, I did not really think royal mail was running a normal delivery service round here on this footpath ice.