Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400 washer fluid

Hi All,

I've a few question about the washer fluid for my rx400h:

1) would I be correct in thinking that there is only one washer reservoir to serve the front and rear screens and the headlamps?

2) is there any way to tell how much fluid is in the bottle? Only the neck of the bottle protrudes from behind the inner wing and it is impossible to see how much is inside.  Should there be a dipstick attached to the lid?

3) what is the capacity of the reservoir? 

4)I've seen mention on other threads about heated washer jets, but can't find any mention of it in the handbook.  Are the jets heated? (I have a 2006 sel)

This has all come about because the current weather has caused the jets to freeze.  Without knowing how much is already in the bottle, I have no way of knowing how much concentrate to add to prevent freezing.   🤔

I've only ever found one reservoir so I'd say yes to Q1.
When the level is low on my 400h I get a warning message on the small display in the speedo saying appropriately washer level low. It takes just under a gallon (4.5 l for the young ones) to fill it. I don't think the jets are heated but I use ready mixed screen wash. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gliderpilot said:

I've only ever found one reservoir so I'd say yes to Q1.
When the level is low on my 400h I get a warning message on the small display in the speedo saying appropriately washer level low. It takes just under a gallon (4.5 l for the young ones) to fill it. I don't think the jets are heated but I use ready mixed screen wash. Hope this helps.

Thanks: really helpful. I think I may try to siphon some out throught the neck to see how much is left.  

Last wednesday i had a go at getting something down the neck of the bottle to either get a measure of the contents or else to syphon it out.  in the end, i couldn't find anything that could fit past the tight bends in the filler pipe.  

so, i added half a litre of concentrate and went to work.  later that same day, my "low washer" warning came on.  surprised that i'd actually used so much, but when i thought about it, i was using all washers to make sure the pipes were filled with the protected fluid.  

any idea how much is left in the bottle when the warning comes on?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links