Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS-F Fitting LSD

Has anyone here managed to fit a LSD to the earlier IS-F's mines an 09 without the LSD and its the only thing that is missing from the car for me as the electronic diff isn't the same.

It seems popular in the US, but just wondered if anyone in the uk has done it cost effectively? 

To order the oem lsd your looking at £4.6K before fitting.

6 minutes ago, Toothy said:

This could be an option for you:
https://www.rr-racing.com/OS-Giken-Lexus-IS-F-USE20-TCD-Super-Lock-LSD-p/osgty401-hc.htm

I'd probably just change to a 2010 or later car for the cost and hassle though...

I second that, you could probably upgrade to a younger car with the LSD for £4/5k.

43 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Do you find the electronic diff that bad?

I’m not criticising your findings, but as a below par driver, I’m interested in hearing more.

It's slow to react compared to a mechanical lsd and when it does brake the inside wheel the effect isn't the same in the sense of it slows you down, rather than powering you forward. More obvious on tight corners, but not as bad on long sweeping bends.

I did use to race cars at club level (which doesn't mean much) but I do notice it when pushing on. 

9 hours ago, emjay82 said:

One just come up on the ISF owners page of f/book..... If they will post, it's a bargain... 

_20180228_000837.thumb.JPG.9c7d0594e84d45ae37529ec82728d770.JPG

Cheers, Emjay82

Have you got a link to the group? I've tried finding the group but no luck.

Hi, planning to do mine soon.

Probably go with the more cost effective Cusco LSD offering from RR-Racing, or pay a bit more for the more commonly used OS Giken offering.

Lee at SRD in West Sussex will be tasked with the swap (re-use your existing diff casing etc).

He didn’t think it would be too tricky to fit, apparently the Supra and IS-F diff’s are very similar.

Ryo Aiba is the man, he’s on Facebook and on a few ISF sites, the German F club is also an option, Ryo is here in the uk and put LSD on his 09 ISF, from memory I think it was around the £4K mark, he’s also done a few Lems upgrades and being Japanese himself has a few bits we can’t get,

hope this helps

Paul

• Like 1

£4k is a lot for what you get.  I'd either but 2nd hand or spend the £4k on headers, exhaust, remap.

I have no issues getting the back end out in mine, if your going sideways in an ISF in the dry then your going mental quick.

Marcus

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Womble72 said:

Ryo Aiba is the man, he’s on Facebook and on a few ISF sites, the German F club is also an option, Ryo is here in the uk and put LSD on his 09 ISF, from memory I think it was around the £4K mark, he’s also done a few Lems upgrades and being Japanese himself has a few bits we can’t get,

hope this helps

Paul

Thanks Paul, i've pm'd on facebook.

Tried to get the diff on facebook group but got sold to someone else