Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus UX revealed

Lexus states it's on a new platform but it don't half look like the Toyota CHR which makes me think they're basically the same car as the new NX and the new Rav 4 are. 

I'll be keeping an eye on it me thinks.

If it is based on the CHR then Lexus can easily differentiate their car from the Toyota models by offering a 4WD hybrid which I think is not available.

Note: That is if I have interpreted the Toyota website correctly. It is quite difficult to simply get a full spec on each vehicle type on their configurator.

6 hours ago, malcolmw said:

If it is based on the CHR then Lexus can easily differentiate their car from the Toyota models by offering a 4WD hybrid which I think is not available.

Note: That is if I have interpreted the Toyota website correctly. It is quite difficult to simply get a full spec on each vehicle type on their configurator.

You are correct, the C-HR is only FWD. The UX isn't going to be a Lexus badged C-HR though, although it will be based on the modular TNGA platform. We know Toyota have trademarked UX 200, UX 250 and UX 250h so it will use a different power plant to the C-HR

On 27/02/2018 at 7:50 PM, talaipwros said:

looks great!

Price and spec/engines etc???

Not sure about whether the UK will be getting the new 2.0l 4 cylinder NA engine but that has 169hp. 

The UX250h is more likely to be the new 2.0l 4 cylinder with 143hp + 107hp motor. Combined output hasnt been revealed yet but about 170hp would be my guess. 

Interesting how its appeared on US web sites before any of the British ones even though its the Geneva motor show and the Brits are reporting live from there.

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

After all the teasing ...... that car looks very disappointing to me.

Agree. Mind you, I feel that the Lexus range looks better - in general - in the flesh. I certainly feel that way about the IS, NX and RX. Perhaps this will be the same, as from the photographs it looks oddly proportioned to my eyes.

I am pretty disappointed considering the way it actually looks. Interior looks fine, I like the signature rear light as well, but except of that reminds me of maybe Honda HR-V, I would almost choose Toyota C-HR out of two. That is not big surprise as the cars are in same segment... I think more appropriate name for the car would have been CT "all road"... I would almost go as far as calling it bland and even ugly... but that is me - I never liked small cars, or even worse small SUV's... 

Still can be worse:

wpid-57e47c3b0e4e0.jpg

8 hours ago, Normski said:

The interior looks good in my opinion with a touch of LS steering wheel and some LC design language too. Externally it is a Lexus no doubt but as others have said here it may grow on you when seen in the flesh.

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2018 at 7:46 PM, Fatts said:

Isn’t it pretty?

Should offer a good competiton to the likes of Volvo XC40, Jaguar E Pace and Audi Q3 surely .

Looks better than the NX. !!??

On 3/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, Dealkent said:

Looks better than the NX. !!??

Try sitting in one, I'm not impressed. It's not an SUV, too low. It's too small a cramped for me, boot very small also. I'd rather have a used 3RX.

I'm not in the market for this new car.

My commentg on this car is that is that the starting price should be around £27K like the BMW X2, not at £29K.

I suppose for a car made outside of the EU, it is difficult to match the EU made X2. Perhaps when the Japan/QU trade deal kicks in, pricing for alot of japanese gods in the EU can be made more competitive...but as for UK, not sur what will happen, wether we can benefit or not due to whats happening with Brexit..

x2 starts at £28k all but £50, and that's a VERY basic car, as soon as you put glass in the windows and a steering wheel on a BMW the cost rockets 😱😈

15 hours ago, mpls said:

I'm not in the market for this new car.

My commentg on this car is that is that the starting price should be around £27K like the BMW X2, not at £29K.

I suppose for a car made outside of the EU, it is difficult to match the EU made X2. Perhaps when the Japan/QU trade deal kicks in, pricing for alot of japanese gods in the EU can be made more competitive...but as for UK, not sur what will happen, wether we can benefit or not due to whats happening with Brexit..

Your comparison is only valid if you compare two cars with similar levels of equipment. I am about certain that your £27k BMW will not be as well equipped as a £29k. I am also reasonably certain (a contradiction in terms :-)) that an X2 hybrid will be a lot more expensive.

Did about 80 miles in mine today and it’s so much better than my old IS. Quieter, running on Battery much longer and at higher speed than my IS. The boot is fine for two 70 year olds and getting in and out great. I do not want a big car so the price compared to the NX is not important. Only negative so far is the map, it’s coloured and the text is smaller with a white hallo against the background, fine for the younger generation but they should have considered older people with variafocal lenses. Other than that very very pleased.

12 hours ago, HarryM said:

x2 starts at £28k all but £50, and that's a VERY basic car, as soon as you put glass in the windows and a steering wheel on a BMW the cost rockets 😱😈

haha  true.....