Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving the NX in the snow

I'm fairly certain that I have mentioned this previously and, that someone provided an answer but, after doing a search I haven't yet found the item.

On my previous car, an IS300h, I had a 'Snow Switch', there isn't one on my NX, does anyone know why this is and, those of you currently affected by this adverse weather, how is your car dealing with it?

We are lucky down here, we haven't really seen any snow as yet, some on the moors but none where I live, although I understand that we may possibly get a hit tomorrow. Might have to miss out on my usual Thursday game of snooker!!! Oh dear, the trials and tribulations of being old and retired:yahoo:

If not else specified, it's AWD. Your Luxury is AWD :).  Four wheel drive is when all 4 wheels can be always have traction, in AWD rear wheels are automatically activated only when necessary using electric rear engine.

36 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

How can I tell if mine is AWD and, forgive my ignorance, is there a difference between AWD and Four Wheel Drive?

This is a good explanation of the differences and pros/cons of each system 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/whats-the-difference-between-four-wheel-drive-and-all-wheel-drive/

Drove mine home from work in the snow last night in less than favourable conditions, and I have to say I was well impressed. Having just jumped out of a car transporter which is not the best in the snow to say the least, it was reassuring to have the electric awd system underneath me. Think I will say in today lol.

Drove mine in the recent snow and I was particularly impressed with its traction. I had no problems and took both my son and daughter to work during the worst of it. I was a little bit worried about the other kamikaze drivers on the roads mind, who seemed to think that very closely following the car in front was the best way to stay safe.

On 3/16/2018 at 5:42 PM, as13 said:

Hopefully we get an inch or two,  so I can show off my NX by giving my neighbour a lift as his bmw can't get off the estate.

Then when the weather warms up he'll take you down his favourite road and show you a clean pair of heels :biggrin::wink3:

43 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Then when the weather warms up he'll take you down his favourite road and show you a clean pair of heels :biggrin::wink3:

Gloat when you can I say