Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus owner in intent

Mr Ponkerson

Hi there folks,

I have come across this forum after getting a little addicted to the best smoker barges thread on Pistonheads.  It has left me with a want in my life - that want being 8 cylinder encased in a Lexus wrapping.  I'm joining to peruse the knowledge here so I know what to look out for (am probably going to be at the bottom end of the market so will need to know my onions as it were)

simply depends on your budget   £££    I've been with an Ls400 for 16 years nearly and wouldn't swap it for any other car .............  just brilliant V8 V8 V8 all the way

Don't expect the usual V8 sound though, even when it's roaring away it's as loud as hearing sheep munching grass in a field 50 yds distant :yes:  

There's mountains of very useful stuff on the Ls400 Forum and mainly from very satisfied owners and over very many years

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Ponkerson said:

Under £2k ideally chap - had a couple of false starts using ebay etc

Well you may be lucky and get a fair LS400 but you'll need to move quickly if one comes up.  The GS430 has the 4.3 engine but it's a much rarer car so they seem to be really sort after.  

The LS is looking like the most likely candidate.  I had a very nice chat lockeyboy last night regarding his, and although it looks like it may not lead to a purchase, he passed on some valuable advice regarding the marque.