Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RC300h F Sport Black Edition

Looks very good in black with the de-chrome should look even better.

Orange stitching on the interior looks good but personally, a bit too black for me. Would have been interesting if they had orange leather seats instead!

• Like 1

Very nice, though arguably an unnecessary piece of tarting up, albeit largely redeemed, of course, by the high standard of Lexus build and materials. 

Personally I find the result somewhat over-sleek, it putting me in mind of a sort of down-scaled Batmobile in which the driver also needs to wear

black in order to maintain the overall look.   It would also require he or she to obsess over the tiniest bit of dirt or blemish, thus making it perhaps

more suited to showrooms than everyday use.

It is difficult to figure out Lexus' commercial rationale by following in, most notably, Mercedes' footsteps with an "Edition" of this type, unless the

idea is to shift a number of possibly slow-moving excess inventories of bought-in components such as ML speakers, sunroof motors,  19" rims

and tyres, black leather, roof-lining cloth etc., by neatly tying them all up into what is, for some, an undoubtedly appealing and good-value package.

Official pictures:

1lexusrc300h.jpg?itok=feqYY_aw

2lexusrc300h.jpg?itok=zQpf12EL

3lexusrc300h.jpg?itok=jiAA6PeD

4lexusrc300h.jpg?itok=n4ePMFo8

Major issue I see with it is it just looks like a Black RC - its only inside where there is a difference and Im sure most wont even notice the orange stitching.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Major issue I see with it is it just looks like a Black RC - its only inside where there is a difference and Im sure most wont even notice the orange stitching.

I agree, unless it is next to a standard black RC you may not see much of a difference. Weird that the black edition looks less black than the standard one, somewhere in-between Velvet Black and Mercury Grey.

6 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I agree, unless it is next to a standard black RC you may not see much of a difference. Weird that the black edition looks less black than the standard one, somewhere in-between Velvet Black and Mercury Grey.

I think its the lighting. The Graphite black has a lot of silver flake in it and does look very dark grey in sunlight

lexus_es_13_223_01.jpg?random=1519960347

Having said that, in the UK its probably not too much of an issue.