Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Press Cars

Hi all,

In for MOT today at Coventry. Whilst it was there I asked for the wheel alignment/tracking to be be done but they were having trouble as apparently it has lower springs than standard.

They said they are not aftermarket springs but Lexus items interestingly. They seem to think it may be because the car was a press car and that those cars may have had a different options list?!

Anyone heard of this before, would be interested if anyone else has come across this??

On another note, the warranty has just paid for itself as I needed a new headlight due to condensation!

Ben

• Like 1

@Stazza80 It's not unknown for Lexus to do things to the exhausts of 'Rcf' cars at  Goodwood cars in 2015 had Quicksilver exhausts commissioned specifically for them, and I know three of the cars went to dealers for sale with them still fitted.

I have no knowledge of other modifications being made to suspension any thing is possible though when it comes to selling cars 😏

Big Rat

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

How did they determine this?

Good question, I asked if they had a Lexus part no. but they said they couldn’t see one or weren’t stamped. I’ve never thought mine looks lower than any others I’ve seen but they said they couldn’t attach the alignment equipment around the tyres due to it being so low. Side on pick attached.....

35CBBC30-67D1-47D4-813B-DEDBA9A30C5D.jpeg

Just now, Big Rat said:

@Stazza80 Ben here is a side on pic of my isF from a few weeks ago, looks the same to me.....

IMG_0516.thumb.JPG.933657890721c39dcaaa817587c0bed4.JPG

🐀

That’s what I thought, bit of strange one then, maybe have to go elsewhere to get it done! Just had 4 new tyres so that’s why I’d asked them to do it!

• Like 1

This is my old car and it hasn't been lowered. I had the alignment checked about half way through my ownership and they did it OK. I suspect the technician was so over awed by it he got confused...... I can't believe Lexus would go to the trouble of putting different springs etc on it as they seem mostly uninterested in F cars.

I should go somewhere else.

08ISF

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 08ISF said:

This is my old car and it hasn't been lowered. I had the alignment checked about half way through my ownership and they did it OK. I suspect the technician was so over awed by it he got confused...... I can't believe Lexus would go to the trouble of putting different springs etc on it as they seem mostly uninterested in F cars.

I should go somewhere else.

08ISF

Thanks Graham, I didn’t think it had, just don’t think they were trying hard enough (or maybe just over awed). Good to know it’s been done before so thanks!

Still loving the car BTW, and other than this issue I can’t fault Lexus customer service, been fantastic so far.

• Like 1