Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 2007 205/55 16w tyres

So I need new rear tyres on my IS250.

All tyres are the 205/55 16 type. 

Current tyres are Pirelli P7000 and whilst they are at about 3mm they do not inspire confidence in the wet, or even damp roads.

Looking at Goodyear Efficient Grip performance but there seems to be some doubt whether the tyres suit a heavy, rear wheel car and people noting the the tyre wall is veru small and thin and quite "flexible"

Uniroyal Rainsports 3 seem to have a good write up and reputation.

Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetrics seem to be raved about.

Hankook Ventus Prime K125

....and therein lies my dilemma. There are so many of the stupid thing to choose from and everyone has differing opinions.

So my Lexus friends...who is running an 07 IS250 with the bog standard 16" wheels on 205/55 16W tyres and what are you wearing brand wise and why are they so good.

Not too fussed about mpg impact, not too fussed about tyres being silent, but keen to get good grip, especially in wet, and reasonable wear.

Hit me!!!

I don't rate the Hankook Ventus prime at all. Had a pair fitted on the rear several years ago and they are poor in the wet.

Uniroyal rainsport are absolutely superb in the wet. I can't rate them highly enough. It's the only tyre I ever have fitted these days.

21 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don't rate the hankook Ventus prime at all. Had a pair fitted on the rear several years ago and they are poor in the wet.

Uniroyal rainsport are absolutely superb in the wet. I can't rate them highly enough. It's the only tyre I ever have fitted these days.

Brill.  That's what I wanted to hear....first hand experience from a IS250 owner.

• 4 months later...

I've had good year efficient grips on the pug 2.2hdi after having to make an emergency purchase in the south of France.. That was interesting I can tell you lol.
Very good tires and quiet and do decent mileage too.
However the only caveat is the slightest bit of snow on an incline and you will slither to a stop.
They are dire in those conditions. It was at that point I switched to all season tires with the snow symbol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So I need new rear tyres on my IS250.
All tyres are the 205/55 16 type. 
Current tyres are Pirelli P7000 and whilst they are at about 3mm they do not inspire confidence in the wet, or even damp roads.
Looking at Goodyear Efficient Grip performance but there seems to be some doubt whether the tyres suit a heavy, rear wheel car and people noting the the tyre wall is veru small and thin and quite "flexible"
Uniroyal Rainsports 3 seem to have a good write up and reputation.
Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetrics seem to be raved about.
Hankook Ventus Prime K125
....and therein lies my dilemma. There are so many of the stupid thing to choose from and everyone has differing opinions.

So my Lexus friends...who is running an 07 IS250 with the bog standard 16" wheels on 205/55 16W tyres and what are you wearing brand wise and why are they so good.
Not too fussed about mpg impact, not too fussed about tyres being silent, but keen to get good grip, especially in wet, and reasonable wear.

Hit me!!!

Goodyear asymmetric 3’s are superb. I have them on mine.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links