Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New GS300 owner

taylo02

Hi guys, I've recently bought a GS300 SE-L and wanted to say hello. My name is Craig and this is my first Lexus and I'm based in North Staffordshire / East Cheshire. I've had about 37 cars ranging from Micra's, MR2s and more recently a Legacy GTB twin turbo. I am enjoying the car, however I note a few issues:

- Creaky dashboard

- The car doesn't seem to like going 30mph, it feels kinda hesitant when staying at this speed

Apart from this, I am enjoying the luxury and all the little extras.

I look forward to getting to know people on this forum. Best wishes, Craig :)

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum.

Sadly a creaky dashboard is not uncommon. Lexus will look into this for you (at a cost) but they don't guarantee fixing the issue (I think they remove the dash and refit it with new fixings) There are various threads on the forum if you do a search, some people have put felt between the dash and the screen which seems to cure the issue. It's an annoyance given Lexus are a premium brand, but in the grand scheme of things not a disaster.

Following a thread I read on here recently, I have just bought this from ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Dustproof-Sealing-Strip-For-Auto-Car-Windshield-Dashboard-Rubber-Length-1-6m/292437776685?hash=item4416a6592d:g:i1oAAOSwKgdaeCyt

I will try it out when the warmer weather arrives.

Can't help with your other issue but I'm sure someone will be along soon that perhaps can.

Enjoy the forum and of course the GS!

I bought my GS300 in January and I also had the bad dash creak.  I got some black rubber for sealing the inside of double glazing and pushed it down between the dash and windscreen, made a big difference.  Last weekend I took out the radio/nav screen and lined it all with the fluffy side of self adhesive black velcro, easy enough and very effective.  It is always worse when cold because the plastic is harder.  There's a YouTube video of the procedure.  If you decide to do it he shows 2 screws being removed but there are actually 4 as I discovered when I couldn't initially budge it!  Well worth the effort, I went out this morning in minus 4 and no creak!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farqui said:

@BarneyTT, that's a useful video so thanks for linking. 

The use of furniture pads is not a solution I'd seen before.

That's the video I followed.   I did buy furniture pads but it actually worked out better with the velcro because it meant it could be put all round, just thin strips cut from a wide peice that I bought from Dunelm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...