Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

7 hours ago, ls400lpg said:

Arrgghhhh...

I fixed the power steering leak. Now I have an oil leak in front of engine dripping onto sump. Anyone any ideas where this could be as a guess

Have you checked the rocker covers, its not unknown on the LS.

Also could be the crankshaft seal?

Try to clean the suspect area as much as possible then apply talcum power to the area where you saw the oil this makes it a lot easier to see where the leak is coming from.

thanks. Booked in local garage tommorow and see where it is leaking.

I hope it is not the crank seal and can as that is supposed to be really expensive

It is a mk4. it started about 165,000 about a year ago. it has now 170,000

I used to have a mk3 for work on LPG. Worked out about driving a 2.0 litre car. It had 230,000 before head gasket blew. 

Mechanic said it is a gasket above the oil pump on top of engine. In between the  oil pump and top of engine somewhere.

He said too big of a job....

Looks like I am going to get another opinion.

I have had a leak from this area on a 1JZ VVTi engine. It was the VVTi cam gear oil seal leaking. As it was a 60k mile service I renewed the whole cam gear, filter and solenoid, but I am keeping the car. Anyway, not unknown for the VVTi cam gear to leak.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links