Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Voice recognition in another language

If you fancy a bit of fun try setting the voice recognition to another language. I've been practicing (and often failing) my french with it over the last couple of days. Ok so "play artist... " etc isn't going to get you very far on holiday but it's a good way of eliciting lots of "oh dad" comments from the teenage daughter. An interesting side effect is that when it reads out english text messages it assumes french sounds for the letters and reads with a french accent so it sounds like a french person with bad english skills. It's all a bit "allo allo".

After sitting in snowy stationery traffic today i tried the voice recognition after reading Chris' s French lesson, i think I should of put into French as it didn't understand me in English

Awesome.!! You could get snowed in overnight and emerge the next morning absolutely fluent in French. Albeit mostly words that you can't really slip into normal conversation!