Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm looking to purchase the po 40 and was just wondering if any one has any idea of import duty in this country. 

I'm asking because i bought a carbon fibre kit from thr usa and got stung with £25 import duty after paying £125 for the kit i got. 

Just piece of mind. 

Wasn't that VAT you were stung for? It's pot luck - sometimes you have to pay it, sometimes you get away with it. The duty / VAT will be the same from Australia as from USA. I don't think I paid any extra when I bought my PO-40.

Expect to pay 30 percent importing anything over 18 quid. Including postage which is a taxable service.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, johnatg said:

Wasn't that VAT you were stung for? It's pot luck - sometimes you have to pay it, sometimes you get away with it. The duty / VAT will be the same from Australia as from USA. I don't think I paid any extra when I bought my PO-40.

no it was import duty as found out the seller never made it clear but i never read the small print and my own fault.

I wasn't asked to pay anything extra for my PO-40 ... (and for a lot of stuff I buy from outside the EU).. must be a pot-luck thing (or the seller is putting wrong info on the documents?)

Worth getting it in quick before the whole system falls into chaos when they eventually decide how brexit will work!