Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h wheels onto a RX450h?

Hi,

I've searched for the answer to this but can't seem to find one anywhere on the forums.

I had a 2009 UK spec RX400h. This came with 18 inch wheels. I purchased a spare set of 18 inch wheels which have winter tyres on them. 

I recently traded in the RX400h for a 2010 UK spec RX450h. This comes with 19 inch wheels, although, I do know some of these vehicles came with 18 inch ones as standard.

My question is, can I do a straight swap of the 19 inch wheels and tyres for my 18 inch wheels (from my previous RX) and winter tyres, or will I need to purchase a new set of 19 inch wheels and new winter tyres?

I'm hoping it's a straight swap, but wanted to ask first. I see from a number of websites the 18 and 19 inche wheel dimensions are slightly different (eg offsets etc.)

Many thanks in advance

Guy

I've used the Will They Fit online facility before and while it checked overall wheel diameter/speedo and wheel/tyre placement from the center line of the vehicle/strut clearance I don't recall it covering caliper clearance.  Do any of the other online 'checkers' cover this?

I would presume you can

Simply because I believe an owner has fitted 19" RX450h wheels onto an RX300 which has the same spec wheels as the 400h. 

Should just be a straight swap to be honest.

Best thing to do is simply try it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links