Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential New Owner - Few Q's

Hi

I have been lurking for a while as I quite fancied a ISF as my next car down the line. Well someone pulled out on me last week and I'm 90% sure its a write off so it seems I'm in the market for a new car sooner than I expected.

I drove the one in blackburn at the weekend and really like the driving experience and theatre of it. Didnt feel as old fashioned as I thought it might, either that or I was so intoxicated by the noise I noticed nothing else.

I doubt I will buy that car ideally looking for something a bit newer and lower mileage but I have a few questions to help me decide this.

1. Can I do anything to retrofit DAB? This is about the only item the pre facelifts are missing for me.

2. To what age will lexus warranty the car and whats the price? I have read 10 and 12 years in different places and since I would likely warranty it for the approx 3 years I will be looking to keep it this makes a difference.

3. Any previous owners of KM11EFO on here? Looks like its due in stock at lexus coventry soon and seems to tick all my boxes

Thanks

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, C.B said:

Hi

I have been lurking for a while as I quite fancied a ISF as my next car down the line. Well someone pulled out on me last week and I'm 90% sure its a write off so it seems I'm in the market for a new car sooner than I expected.

I drove the one in blackburn at the weekend and really like the driving experience and theatre of it. Didnt feel as old fashioned as I thought it might, either that or I was so intoxicated by the noise I noticed nothing else.

I doubt I will buy that car ideally looking for something a bit newer and lower mileage but I have a few questions to help me decide this.

1. Can I do anything to retrofit DAB? This is about the only item the pre facelifts are missing for me.

2. To what age will lexus warranty the car and whats the price? I have read 10 and 12 years in different places and since I would likely warranty it for the approx 3 years I will be looking to keep it this makes a difference.

3. Any previous owners of KM11EFO on here? Looks like its due in stock at lexus coventry soon and seems to tick all my boxes

Thanks

Hi, yes KM11EFO was my car, absolutely nothing wrong with it, 45k miles a new set of Bridgestones just before I sold it, aftermarket Infinity backboxes, I supplied the original exhaust as well just in case you don't like the sound..................

Epic epic car, I cannot fault it, I had it for 2 years and every time I parked it up I couldn't walk away without turning back to look at it, the reason I sold it was I wanted a blue GSF and one came along and I had to have it.

If you need any more info just let me know,

• Like 1

@C.B Craig welcome to the forum, and hopefully to your ownership, the car you mention is very well known on here as @Flytvrmentioned it was @Mark G car until a few months ago and a lot of us know the car well.

He is fastidious about maintaining his motors and simply went down the Gsf route, there are loads of pictures and vids of the car about, and as regards the warranty you will get more than 3 years on that car without a doubt.

As regards DAB contact @emjay82 he's the man to talk to.

Big Rat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@C.B Craig welcome to the forum, and hopefully to your ownership, the car you mention is very well known on here as @Flytvrmentioned it was @Mark G car until a few months ago and a lot of us know the car well.

He is fastidious about maintaining his motors and simply went down the Gsf route, there are loads of pictures and vids of the car about, and as regards the warranty you will get more than 3 years on that car without a doubt.

As regards DAB contact @emjay82 he's the man to talk to.

Big Rat 

Actually I think it had a DAB radio, cant be certain though.

Thanks fellas always gives you a nice sense of securityif you find the previous owner of a car and they have nothing but praise for it!

Due to the year it will have DAB that was just in case I find myself buying a pre 2010 car.

Not aware of the infinity back boxes and cant see much on youtube can anyone point me in the direction of a vid?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, C.B said:

Thanks fellas always gives you a nice sense of securityif you find the previous owner of a car and they have nothing but praise for it!

Due to the year it will have DAB that was just in case I find myself buying a pre 2010 car.

Not aware of the infinity back boxes and cant see much on youtube can anyone point me in the direction of a vid?

@C.B Craig @Mark G has posted vids on here of the car with the exhaust a number of times send him a pm 👍

Or you could try searching

Big Rat 

24 minutes ago, C.B said:

You can replace the bottom part of the oem unit for a second double din screen, which allows you to add a apple carplay /android auto system. Probably cost you £600+ depending on the system you choose but it is fantastic. Voice controlled Google maps, Spotify, oem steering wheel control etc etc. 

DSC_0099.thumb.JPG.b7f47f314f168258e7263bc651118a90.JPG

• Like 2

@C.B here she is https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=9LPX1ecGPEo

The best sounding IS-F I've heard - and I've heard quite a few.

As has already been said, the car is pretty much spotless. The only thing you might pick up on (from a point of negotiation) is the paintwork on the wings. @Mark G can tell you more.

Welcome @C.B, you'll find all the help you need on this forum. Good folks on here that will help you out, a real car community.

I recently brought an F too and I'm in love with it, not drove it much because of the weather recently but I can't wait get it back out. 

The infotainment system is the only thing that feels dated but it's function and that's what matters. Nothing an aux cable can't sort.

Best option on the Market and I've recently just landed a job as a sales rep at Lexus Stoke and I start on the 10th so I'll keep my ears to the ground for you.

Do you have any specific specs?

C

6 hours ago, C.B said:

Hi

Thanks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@ThebigC Charlie good luck with the new role matey.......of course no one on here will be asking for any favours....... well not for a week or so :yahoo:

Big Rat

@Big Rat thanks Paul! Time to set some nee challenges for myself. Been at my current job just over 4 years now so the time has come.. my love and loyalty to the brand made me give it a try and ended up getting it! 

One of the big things I pushed on George the centre manager was that I could bring a more connected and personal experience for Lexus owners especially the F owners. Any mumbles and grumbles you tell me and if your after a product also give me a message. We both want to Lexus to expand and we both want Lexus Stoke to be the best centre in the UK.

Look forward to meeting you all sooner in the year. 

Stay Safe.

C

• Like 2

@ThebigC Charlie nothing better than getting a role we actually want if this then combines an interest as well then you could be onto a winner.

Only right to let you get your feet under the table before the avalanche of requests !

Good luck.

🐀

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, emjay82 said:

You can replace the bottom part of the oem unit for a second double din screen, which allows you to add a apple carplay /android auto system. Probably cost you £600+ depending on the system you choose but it is fantastic. Voice controlled Google maps, Spotify, oem steering wheel control etc etc. 

DSC_0099.thumb.JPG.b7f47f314f168258e7263bc651118a90.JPG

Have you got a diy guide to this I'd quite like to do this 

3 hours ago, Northern isf said:

Have you got a diy guide to this I'd quite like to do this 

Kit is from beatsonic, pretty much the same process as shown here.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 2009 ISF came with DAB as a dealer fitted option, one of those DAB tuner boxes.  Works really well.  You can easily fit DAB to the car, wouldn't make it a deal breaker personally

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ThebigC good luck with your new job.

Great that you want to make Lexus Stoke the best Lexus dealer in the UK.  I bought my car from Lexus Stoke and there’s definitely room for improvement.

Anyway, exciting times for you 👍

• Haha 1

[mention=57610]Big Rat[/mention]  Any mumbles and grumbles you tell me and if your after a product also give me a message.

Let us know when you have loaded the printer with paper :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Flytvr said:

@ThebigC good luck with your new job.

Great that you want to make Lexus Stoke the best Lexus dealer in the UK.  I bought my car from Lexus Stoke and there’s definitely room for improvement.

Anyway, exciting times for you 👍

@Flytvr nice one mate.

Disappointed to hear you didn't get the experience you should of. What was it that you didn't like? 

@Comedian behave yourself.

• Like 1

@Comedian Allright he's had long enough to to get into the role so I'll kick off with the first request...............

We want a group buy  of the Rcf/Gsf spacesaver wheel from Japan 🇯🇵 

Come on @ThebigC Charlie get on with it :whip:

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@Comedian Allright he's had long enough to to get into the role so I'll kick off with the first request...............

We want a group buy  of the Rcf/Gsf spacesaver wheel from Japan 🇯🇵 

Come on @ThebigC Charlie get on with it :whip:

Big Rat

and one for a PONTIAC FIREBIRD (aka Kitt)! 

• Like 1