Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a stange thing going on with my passenger side speakers as sometimes work and sometimes dont but they dont go dead but just very low.

Before people say you have a bad connection i have noticed it seems to do it less if i turn off the speed volume in audio were when you speed up ur volume goes up.

I only noticed it once but it also came back on when the auto lights kicked in or may be just coincidence and the dash dont look like its been messed with so just wanted no if anyone has the same problem before i have to remove the stereo.

p.s its mark levenson satnav stereo with subwoofer.

car is 06 plate 

10 minutes ago, brunskill43 said:

I have a stange thing going on with my passenger side speakers as sometimes work and sometimes dont but they dont go dead but just very low.

Before people say you have a bad connection i have noticed it seems to do it less if i turn off the speed volume in audio were when you speed up ur volume goes up.

I only noticed it once but it also came back on when the auto lights kicked in or may be just coincidence and the dash dont look like its been messed with so just wanted no if anyone has the same problem before i have to remove the stereo.

p.s its mark levenson satnav stereo with subwoofer.

car is 06 plate 

Have you checked the connections on the amp. Right hand side of boot.

Another thought, has it recently been in for the airbag recall? This involved stripping the dashboard down and the audio console would have come out. 

I swear my radio reception is not as good as it was before the recall. 

Funny you should say that looking at it with close up glasses it has been off at some point and if i knock on the dash it comes back on but the left side is definitely lower and not as clear as the right side. Gonna take it apart at the weekend and find out. 

Yes seen the YouTube video  and my car is 55plate and plate and they say there video is 06 to 13bplate but my centre concole is nothing like there saying. 

I no how to take the stereo out and will get round to doing it. 

Guest bigbullhead
On 02/03/2018 at 8:06 PM, bobmc said:

Another thought, has it recently been in for the airbag recall? This involved stripping the dashboard down and the audio console would have come out. 

I swear my radio reception is not as good as it was before the recall. 

Neither  was mine and I lost my wire connected to my wiper heaters 😞

I have a dashcam installed, wired into the passenger side fusebox. They messed up the wiring when they did the airbag recall and the passenger seat heater didn't work. Simple enough to sort out and I do have to say they did re-route the cable behind the dash so it's completely hidden now. I will have to get round to dismantling the stereo as its really starting to bug me!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links