Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all ..

Well after almost 2 years of deliberation I have finally taken the plunge and bought a 2008 LS600h RSR with 85k and I have to say i'm very impressed .. bodywork is lovely in a Gunmetal / Dark Silver colour with a dark wood and cream leather interior and chocolate colour stitched dash and door capping's which really go well together .. unfortunately the day I bought it I also managed to slide my lovely RX 450 down my daughters pretty steep drive in the snow and ice and cause massive damage to the front end demolishing her car door and the massive brick gate post at the end of the drive .. as they say in F1 I was nothing more than a passenger .. hey ho .. now't I can do about it now apart from start repairs to mine  .. find a Brickie and phone a Salvage yard for a replacement Mercedes door ?? .. and all in around half a second ..  because I had picked my Granddaughter up from school and delivered her home as a favour  .. main thing is nobody's hurt !!

Anyway that aside .. I just love this 600 and it has more toys than Santa but .. I realize it does has a Temperature sensor / Air Con problem somewhere .. when I drive down the motorway everything appears to be fine and all gets very hot as it should .. however when I slow down for traffic for a while or am in a queue of slow moving traffic or I stop for a few minutes even with the Temp set at maximum it starts blowing cold air and cold air in the back too .. anyone got any ideas what might cause this ??

I've done the usual and fiddled with the settings etc: but it dosn't make any difference what I do

Any suggestions as to the cause would be most welcome

Cheers

Malcolm

Well congratulations .... and commiserations. Main thing, as you say, is no-one was hurt. There must have been thousands of claims put in over the last few days and I suppose we will all pay the price come insurance renewal time :(

Can't help with your LS600 query but I'm sure someone will have some ideas. Was it bought private or through a dealer? If it was a dealer then you have a case for getting it fixed under warranty.

Love to see some pictures of the new steed, you don't see many LS600h driving around

Yes.. i'm absolutely gutted .. the RX is ..  was mint but the scary thing is after I took my granddaughter into the house I realize now that it could have slid away down the drive at any time even without me being in it !!

The LS was bought privately in the Lymm Services car park .. yes I know did everything I shouldn't and already taken a load of flack from my local garage boys but to be fair the car so far is as described to me .. interior is mint as is the bodywork and all the toys still work even after 10 years .. well apart from this sensor .. but this is why Lexus has such a following .. i'll bet my recently sold 6.3 AMG Merc wont have half it's toys working after 10 years   

Would certainly upload photo's but i'm a bit of a luddite and don't know how to do that so will look into it 

Hi I have the same ish issue with my sc430, well it gets nice and hot on drivers side, but luke warm air comes out the far the far passenger vent, but when I rev it, it gets hot, and this only started happening when I replaced a leaking coolant hose and bled the system. Maybe I bled it wrong or maybe the valve is sticking or maybe the heater core needs cleaning. 

Well take it straight back if you can. If not it’s probs the cabin sensor. Nothing serious or too expensive. I’d be surprised if it’s the heating rad.

In the days I had a 635 Beamer that went cold on a left hand turn or bend...Bosch heater valve spring and sticking ball bearing (!) fixed with £40 quid unit and 15 minutes.