Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crashed my ISF

Cat C, Cat D......I think there might have been some changes recently as I heard someone talking about a Cat N the other day, not had time to do any research on it yet.

paul m.

3 hours ago, Texas said:

Cat C, Cat D......I think there might have been some changes recently as I heard someone talking about a Cat N the other day, not had time to do any research on it yet.

paul m.

Here you go all about Cat N  http://www.evo.co.uk/advice/19271/cat-a-b-s-and-n-cars-new-insurance-write-off-categories-explained

Sorry to see that, insurance claim “garage will double any repair cost”........find a decent repair shop (not Lexus) possibly someone you trust, there are lots of “guarantee lifetime repairs” out there, years ago the wife ran into someone at a roundabout, no damage to them and repair cost of over £1000......xs of £175 at the time, repaired at a cost of £220 and that included a full mop......insurance company actually thanked me....this obviously wasn’t the F.....just a personal example and something to consider,

hope it goes well,

Paul 

• Like 1

I wish I could do that mate. But I'd have to pay for the damage to their car. Plus my car. Which needs a new bumper. Respraying. Headlight. Sensor. Washer container. And whatever else underneath. It'll easy excess my 1100 excess. Such a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Huutch said:

I wish I could do that mate. But I'd have to pay for the damage to their car. Plus my car. Which needs a new bumper. Respraying. Headlight. Sensor. Washer container. And whatever else underneath. It'll easy excess my 1100 excess. Such a shame. 

Try having a look at “PartSoqu”.....think that’s the name, they’re in United Emirates area, need a few bits for my Subaru, they were more than half the price of Main dealers here, all genuine parts, maybe worth a gander

3 hours ago, Huutch said:

Have you managed to have a better look, you mentioned that initially you may need a bumper and wing.

Marcus

21 hours ago, Huutch said:

I'm up in Middlesbrough mate, the worst thing is I have to use the missus' Rover 45 to get to work tomorrow.

An IS-F in the 'boro? I didn't think there was any round here. Gutted for you though. 

It will push your premiums up for a couple of years but if you factor in the cost of repairs to both cars you'll probably come out better off or at least break even.

Good luck with getting it sorted as painlessly as possible.

• Like 1

Hi all.

Matthew sorry to hear about the damage to the car:wacko:

I would myself bite the bullet and get the insurance to sort it out it will cost you premium wise but cannot see it costing as much as you would pay to do it yourself and will have a warranty on work.

65mike

Yeah contacted them this morning. Dealers going to ring me up the morning to get the car booked in. 5 year warranty on the work. Just hope they do it properly! Cheers guys. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Yeah contacted them this morning. Dealers going to ring me up the morning to get the car booked in. 5 year warranty on the work. Just hope they do it properly! Cheers guys. 

Five years is an insult!.....there are insurance approved repairs that give a lifetime warranty, my is250 which was my late mums was repaired by “Lexus” or “lexus approved” repairer, the work was absolutely diabolical, she had terminal cancer and after 3 attempts to rectify she gave up, I’d never use a Lexus repairer after being party to this, your insurance company will offer a better repair with a longer warranty and they have to use genuine parts.

Paul 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Remember you can choose where the car goes if they're approved and within the allowed distance.  If it goes to Lexus they will just get someone else to do it anyway

Marcus

12 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Sorry guys. I should of worded it better. The dealer is my insurance approved repair shop. 

Five years is still not very good...imo...think I’d ask for a list and make a few inquiries tbh,......you will need to go over it with a fine tooth comb if you proceed, take other eyes too.