Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crashed my ISF

Hey guys. Today was a really bad day. Crashed my ISF into another car at **** Tesco. I'm gutted. But it's happened now. Decided to not go down the insurance route. My excess is 750 plus it would go down to a cat C and I'd loose my no claims. I need a new front bumper for starters and I was wondering where I could source one from. 

20180303_135531.jpg

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Hey guys. Today was a really bad day. Crashed my ISF into another car at **** Tesco. I'm gutted. But it's happened now. Decided to not go down the insurance route. My excess is 750 plus it would go down to a cat C and I'd loose my no claims. I need a new front bumper for starters and I was wondering where I could source one from. 

20180303_135531.jpg

So sorry to see this, gutted. New bumper from lexus, is about £260, so less than you would think. Paint on top, £300-400. Hopefully not too much damage behind. In you need to do the wing, which looks likely, it could mount up 😔. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Huutch Sorry to see that fella your right move on get it sorted they are not that expensive new about £250+ or here's two they may be good but you'll have to check........IMG_0739.thumb.JPG.2bb5b7b5b6439ab6789078e49d4dbff6.JPGIMG_0740.JPG.b27aa68ee1deccc5858e648baf3abe78.JPG

The blue car is at Dewsbuy Auto Salvage and the Red one at Lexusbreakers Derby both not that far from you.

Big Rat 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Huutch said:

Is it lexusbreakers.co.uk?

@Huutch Yes mate it is the car is defo there spoke with them last Wednesday im helping a member in France with getting the gearbox from it but they said nothing is off the car yet 👍

Big Rat

Really gutted to hear about this.  Without sounding too negative there's a few thousand in damage there, if an insurance company do it anyway.

They won't cat C the car though, the ISF is worth a bit.  Up to yourself but to repair right your bill might well exceed your excess value.

I got a Badger in the summer, it cracked the bumper and inner wing cover and by the end of the claim the bill was £2.4k

Marcus 

Sorry to see that. If you’re having to pay for repairing the other car too might be worth giving up your no claims. Have you checked it’s not protected anyway.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Jesus man. Don't want it to affect my no claims though.

I had protected no claims so that wasn't an issue but it has put my premium up by £100 this year.  You might find it's not as bad as it looks.

You are in an awkward position from an insurance position because the second you tell them you have had an accident, even if you repair yourself, they will put your premium up.

You can't even find out the insurance repair cost so you kind of have to commit if you go down that route as once you ring the damage to your policy is already done!

If the other driver is going through his insurers, your insurer will get notified...

TBH, you're paying premiums for a reason. I'd inform my insurers and argue it from there. If they discover you didn't declare, could be problems

2 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Yeah I reckon I will, their cars not too bad, easily repairable, could I not ring my insurance and say I slided in the snow haha.

You probably could of done if you hadn't put it on the forum! Lol

Who you insured with??

Churchill mate, I'm in two minds, I don't know how it works, if I reported it, would they repair their car and mine? And it'll just be my no claims affected. Don't want the car becoming a CAT C though.

Yea, assuming it's a comprehensive policy, both cars will be repaired and the guilty party's insurance company will get the bill.  If you have protected no claims then you won't lose any no claims. 

I'd be suprised if they cat C it but it's not the end of the world.  You used to get the market value for the car and you had the option to buy it back also.

4 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Churchill mate, I'm in two minds, I don't know how it works, if I reported it, would they repair their car and mine? And it'll just be my no claims affected. Don't want the car becoming a CAT C though.

It will never be a Cat C as it isn't structural. Shouldn't even be a Cat D because the repairs should be much less than the value of the vehicle, hence they will repair rather than write it off.

• Like 1

I doubt that would be a Cat D - its barely got any damage

All it needs is a bumper and a wing - estimated cost at a Lexus dealership - roughly £2300. I had exactly the same thing done - the IS-F bumper is cheaper than the IS300h F-Sport one as I recall, ours was around £500 at the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Huutch said:

Insurance it is i'll give them a ring in the morning. Thanks lads.

Us Mesa red boys need to stick together. Every one that dies makes the others a little rarer mind!

If it was a silver car then that would be a different story, loads of them about already!!lol.

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Huutch said:

Insurance it is i'll give them a ring in the morning. Thanks lads.

It'll almost certainly be 'knock for knock' with both insurers paying 50%. 

Unless one or other driver was clearly 'in the wrong', speeding, on the phone, etc..!

• Like 1

Was definitely me mate, I pulled out without looking. All I keep saying is 'what if' but it's happened, and I've paid the price for a momentary lapse in concentration.

• Like 2