Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC sat nav updates

Hi,

Just over 3 months ownership so far and generally all is well with the RC.  As I don't often use a Sat nav I specced the standard Nav not the premium option. It also meant the controller was the dial not the touch pad... 😊 I have used the nav a few times and it does what I need it to do. Can someone advise my though how i get the nav updated with new maps every now and then? I'm assuming the premium nav has automatic free updates or similar but i could be wrong.  My old Mazda had a Tom tom and i used to take a memory card out and stick in a laptop to access updates.  What happens with a Lexus? I accept there may not be many in the forum with the standard Nav like mine.

Just a few other thoughts on the car so far:

1. The 20 spoke wheels are a bugger to clean, but worth it.

2. It is just the most relaxed and refined drive of any car I've been in.

3. In sport+ mode I'm pretty certain, when empty, it is sub 8.5s 0-60. I haven't had this measured and yes I could be wrong, but it is swifter than I was expecting. Happy with the speed and handling.

4. The centre console button array I'm not in sync with and not as ergonomical as my previous Mazda 6s.  Not a deal breaker but a bit frustrating when you need to make adjustments in a hurry.

5. Window seals take an age to dry so even after a few days when the window is dropped, you get wet streaks when raising it. Hopefully this is a winter thing but not something I've noticed on previous cars, again, not a deal breaker.

6. It's gorgeous on the eye, and attracts attention in traffic. I like the exclusivity.

Anyway, hope someone can answer my original question. 

Roger.

I have the premium NAV but pretty sure it's the same on yours, no free updates...

1. the grey colour hides a lot of muck...

2. Agreed, bliss.

3. It's quicker than the figures might suggest, at least subjectively...

4. What is it you are trying to adjust?

5. Not experienced this. 

6. Agreed. Been stopped many times in car parks, etc..

Glad you are enjoying your RC.   I agree with everything you say except that, like Peter,  I don't quite understand your #4.    As regards #5, in order

to eliminate - or largely reduce - the recurrence of wet streaks in the side-windows I find it useful, after drying them the first time, to re-open and

close them and then give them another quick and (hopefully) final wipe.  As regards #1, I suggest that next time you clean them you aim to do a

perfect job and then apply one or two coats of a heavy-duty wax such as Collinite, which, for 3-4 months or maybe longer, will allow you to use

only water on them.

• Like 1

Thanks for responses.

My comment about the centre console is that I'm just finding the symbols a tad small plus I've come from cars with dials such as for fan speed and temperature. In time I'm sure it'll be more intuitive.

So, how are sat nav updates actually performed? By a lexus dealer?

As for the window seal, i think that the seal is like a felt type material and holds water. The car is garaged too so I wonder if evaporation is slower when inside. It is an issue identified by US RC owners on their Facebook group.

1 hour ago, R07ARY said:

So, how are sat nav updates actually performed? By a lexus dealer?

I think so. The premium nav system has a micro SD card which contains the maps but I don't believe the standard nav system does.

• 5 months later...
So at my annual service Listers should update this for free if I ask....?
149 quid last time I checked a couple of years ago. Even the latest is usually a bit out of date.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Just three days ago my dealership quoted ÂŁ650 plus ÂŁ30 labour to update the maps in my RC.

I bought the update microSD online for ÂŁ200 and did it myself in 5min. From Toyota EU...

Still expensive but in line with my experience with Mercedes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links