Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a ex Jersey car

Hello Chaps, 

I am quite tempted by this car:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802083537136?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

It's USB with a black interior which is my preference along with the mesh alloys, which I love. However the car is an ex Jersey car, and as such have no visibility on history before it, also I am LED to understand that Jersey has a 30MPH rule everywhere, so the car has not been driven properly for all of its life.....

Any thoughts on buying an ex jersey car? Or am I worrying about nothing.....

• Like 1

@wantaisf Hi Jim The Car does look nice if you contact them and get the registration numbers of it past and present, I say that as I would not be surprised if it was originally a mainland car.

If it’s been serviced correctly I don’t think it being from jersey is a problem.

Big Rat

1 hour ago, wantaisf said:

Hello Chaps, 

I am quite tempted by this car:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802083537136?logcode=visc&fromSA=true

It's USB with a black interior which is my preference along with the mesh alloys, which I love. However the car is an ex Jersey car, and as such have no visibility on history before it, also I am led to understand that Jersey has a 30MPH rule everywhere, so the car has not been driven properly for all of its life.....

Any thoughts on buying an ex jersey car? Or am I worrying about nothing.....

Hi,

my car “was” a jersey car, registered October 2008 and mainland 2012, only downside I’ve come across is mine has to tax at pre 2001 rates (£245 a year), has all the service history with the car, is basically a UK car but will possibly state “alternative mainland registered”.......makes absolutely no difference on anything, insurance, parts, servicing. Mines states “registered 2012”.......but that was the import date, build date is 2008, mine came from Lexus Coventry so there really is nothing hidden,

hope this helps,

Paul

• Like 1

having been in several taxis in Jersey, I can safely say that some cars do, in fact, go a little bit faster that 40 on occasion..

• Like 1

If you lived on jersey with an ISF and a national speed limit of 40 mph then I'm pretty sure it would not take long to find out where you could let's say do more than 40!!! Or that might be why he/she sold it!!!

paul m 

• Like 1

Looks lovely. Lexus/Toyota engine build quality is generally legendary, so probably nothing to worry about. Might be worth doing a carbon clean on it first thing?

My concerns would be selling it on and the hassle of explaining the history.

9 hours ago, LennyLexus said:

Looks lovely. Lexus/Toyota engine build quality is generally legendary, so probably nothing to worry about. Might be worth doing a carbon clean on it first thing?

My concerns would be selling it on and the hassle of explaining the history.

It's not a hassle, you've done it in this thread in 6 posts.  People that buy cars like this are petrol heads, they won't mind if it's documented.

Car looks good by the way, shouldn't be coked up though, I very much doubt it's not had the beans at some point.

Marcus