Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deposit down on 250SEL but a bit puzzled !

Put a deposit down over the phone today on a 2009 IS 250 se-l  multi media from a Lexus dealer. The personal video sent to me clearly shows that it is a pre upgrade car because it does not have indicators in the wing mirrors and the reversing lights are the square ones.

What puzzles me is that the car has the 10 spoke 17inch wheels and also whenever I put the registration number into the My Lexus  or the Gov, mot history, nothing is found. It does come up on the basic MOT check though.

If I look at 2008 or 2009 brochures on the Lexus site, those cars have the mirror indicators and tick shaped reversing lights and the 18inch wheels.

I just wonder how this car which is registered March 2009 can not have these features.

Does anyone know the year when the upgrade happened  and should it have 18 inch wheels as standard ?

The revisions went on sale 15 Nov 2008 but that would be for orders so actual vehicles being registered would probably be feb/mar 09 onwards. Yours could be one of the last pre-upgrade models ordered, or a showroom model that wasn't registered until the dealership got their face-lift model in. SE-L grade before the refresh had 17" wheels.

That could explain it then. Any reason why the reg number doesn't seem to show up in various places ? I actually like those wheels and apparently they have been refurbished last year or so and hopefully being 17 inch will add to the comfort.

6 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Only late 2009 onwards got the indicators on the wing mirrors and only F-sport models come with 18inch wheels as standard on the gen 2 IS250.

Early 2009 models have the indicators on the mirrors, and 18" wheels are standard on 2009 SE-L and 2006 Sport grades as well as the 2010 F-Sport. The 2008 SR also had 18" wheels as an option.

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Early 2009 models have the indicators on the mirrors, and 18" wheels are standard on 2009 SE-L and 2006 Sport grades as well as the F-Sport. The 2008 SR also had 18" wheels as an option.

Well today I learn something new.

17" wheels will definitely give a more comfy ride but I think they look a tad too small for the car.

18" wheels definitely look better on the IS but that extra inch is noticeable and gives a firmer ride.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bernieeccles said:

Put a deposit down over the phone today on a 2009 IS 250 se-l  multi media from a Lexus dealer. The personal video sent to me clearly shows that it is a pre upgrade car because it does not have indicators in the wing mirrors and the reversing lights are the square ones.

What puzzles me is that the car has the 10 spoke 17inch wheels and also whenever I put the registration number into the My Lexus  or the Gov, mot history, nothing is found. It does come up on the basic MOT check though.

If I look at 2008 or 2009 brochures on the Lexus site, those cars have the mirror indicators and tick shaped reversing lights and the 18inch wheels.

I just wonder how this car which is registered March 2009 can not have these features.

Does anyone know the year when the upgrade happened  and should it have 18 inch wheels as standard ?

Do a check on somewhere like Cazana for peace of mind.

Actually, it is better when recalls are not done, because that provides an opportunity to get some free fuel, biscuits and coffee from Lexus. As well to bundle recall with some other works which works out cheaper then e.g. spark plugs during fuel seal recall.