Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parts required for my CT after hit and run incident

Shd995

so these past couple of days in the uk it has been snowing and someone has hit into my vehicle without leaving a note. the damage is quite extensive to the near side front end. my insurance excess is £740 plus my premiums will increase and lose my ncb. ive been trying to source parts but its very hard as i have the premier model with xenons and bumper with washer inserts.

Ive included some images and would like to ask if anyone knows where i can source parts from preferrably second hand or breaking.i need a n/s wing, and Xenon headlamp which are the main parts. (is it possible to repair the headlamp glass/plastic as all the lights are functional and just the glass has broken) the headlamp is very hard to come across and the cheapest second hand is around£500.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

20180301_155728.jpg

20180301_155724.jpg

20180301_155718.jpg

20180301_155654.jpg

20180301_155650.jpg

Ah that really sucks.

Have you double checked the insurance position? I assume you reported this to the police. If the other driver is traced then the MIB should pay out, if they turn out to be uninsured.

TBH after you pay for parts, painting and fitting this is probably worth using insurance for. There may well be hidden damage such as to the wiring loom for the fog light and parking sensor. From your pictures it looks like the door might need a smart repair too. If you have a few years NCB and haven't protected it you shouldn't lose all of it with one claim. For example if you have 5 years you might drop to 2 or 3.

Sorry to see this.
Bumper is available on eBay but they’re 2nd hand part damaged themselves. I’m looking for a front bumper as well for a facelift to my 2011. I’ve also got the Premier model with washers and sensors/xenons etc. It’s difficult.
I know that the OEM parts alone for just the bumper are clocking on £1500.
I would go through your insurance tbh.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

http://www.lexusbreakers.co.uk

http://www.partshark.co.uk

https://www.car-transplants.co.uk

I would start with these breakers. By and large the breakers are there to make money and they know the value of the parts they sell on. Basically, they price their parts low enough for it to be worthwhile for repairers to buy from the breaker rather than sourcing parts new from the manufacturer. Allowing all this to lay in the hands of your insurance company will leave you open to potential hikes in premia for the next 5 years. So whilst the insurers would pay out, they will also make it their business to recover as much of their costs as possible from whatever source( yourself)it is possible to recover costs from. Paying protected no claims simply pays for all the claims you have never had but might have in the future whilst statistically more than covering the insurers losses... Again no real help to you, the innocent party, is it?

Sympathies as regards the damage. This country seems to be part populated with people who are blameless in all instances. If you actually had the opportunity to chat with the driver whose vehicle caused this damage, you would probably discover that the fault would be all yours and that you should consider yourself lucky that they don't put a claim in to your insurers to the effect that your car skidded out of control into theirs or was parked in a precarious  and irresponsible position etc. They would in all likelihood dismiss their illegal lack of reporting an incident as having no time or in fear of of their own personal security. 

Both our cars now carry crash cams due to  similar incidents such as yours.... supermarket car parks, 4x4 reversing into our CT and claiming that our CT ran into the back of the 4x4. What you do need to be mindful of is the capacity of the hybrid 12volt Battery to sustain a full time crash cam... we carry a booster Battery just in case. Crash cam footage showing a registration plate really drops people in the mire. Perhaps surprisingly,( but not really) since having a visible crash cam mounted  permanently in both of our cars has resulted in fewer incidents of unreported "accidental" damage to our cars. Its also a good idea to park in view of any fixed security cameras if you can; when you start to look, it is surprising just how many security cameras there are out there.

Thank you all for your responses. i really appreciate the help and links. everyone has told me reporting to insurance will only make myself be the one who pays out in the long term with there being a higher cost overall.  Thanks again guys and be careful on the roads!

7 hours ago, ice2kewl said:

I'm having a 'mare just trying to find a simple blower motor part for mine. Reasons not to buy a Japanese car. Reasons not to listen to the wife either!! :biggrin:

i hope you manage to find the blower motor. At times like this i wish i had bought a more mainstream car. 

14 hours ago, Shd995 said:

Thank you all for your responses. i really appreciate the help and links. everyone has told me reporting to insurance will only make myself be the one who pays out in the long term with there being a higher cost overall.  Thanks again guys and be careful on the roads!

i hope you manage to find the blower motor. At times like this i wish i had bought a more mainstream car. 

Thanks. BTW, check out http://jp-carparts.com/ for your parts. They quoted me $270 with delivery for a new blower motor, which is a lot more reasonable than Toyota's £440!

[EDIT] May need to add a bit more to that for probable customs charge considering the part ships from Japan.

20 hours ago, ice2kewl said:

Thanks. BTW, check out http://jp-carparts.com/ for your parts. They quoted me $270 with delivery for a new blower motor, which is a lot more reasonable than Toyota's £440!

[EDIT] May need to add a bit more to that for probable customs charge considering the part ships from Japan.

Great to see that youve found the blower. and yep just put in the part number its around $1600😭😭😭. gonna look for second hand parts thenlmao

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

we have an update

GOOD News managed to source parts from japan using buyee.jp which is a middle man for japanese amazon rakuten and yahoo auctions (japanese eBay kind of). got the headlight for £40 with shipping being £80. this as used btw. Luckily it seems in japan the CT comes standard with xenons so theres planty of them. With buyee, you purchase items which are then sent buy the seller to their own warehouse and they ship it from there. 

BAD News- found a bumper with headlight washer holes, headlight washer full assembly attached, including lower grille and all clips, and housing of fog lights. £35!! downside is that the item was too big for standard shipping and the shipping bill came up to £930. Decided not to ship it from the warehouse after that shock! so the bumper which seemed like a bargain is at the warehouse and is destined to be destroyed. Although they did give me the option to ship it to a japanese address after sending them an emailing explaining that i would rather book a flight to japan and pick it up lmao.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links