Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lower suspension arm bushes worn split and cracking.

Hello I have an RX 400 H 2007 Reg. It went in for service today and I was told both the front lower suspension arm bushes are worn split and cracking. The service guy thinks this is an MOT failure and they would be looking to charge £450 per side for replacement.

I’m not an engineer and I was just asking here if just the rubber bushes can be replaced or if the whole suspension arm has to be replaced?

The MOT isn’t until November so I’ve got plenty of time yet.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I’m not an engineer so I can’t fit the arms myself and I can’t see Lexus Birmingham agreeing to fit the parts I provide as surely they would not profit from it.

8 hours ago, ISJason said:

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I’m not an engineer so I can’t fit the arms myself and I can’t see Lexus Birmingham agreeing to fit the parts I provide as surely they would not profit from it.

You can just fit the bushes. The only problem is mechanics don't like it because it's a pain and prefer just changing the whole arm.

Lexus will fit new parts in most cases. They fit new tyres supplied by customer etc so I don't see why they won't do arms.

You could always ask for a quote see how much they say or take to a decent indy

21 hours ago, ISJason said:

You don't have to be an engineer to replace the bottom arms, just be able to use a spanner and socket set

• Thanks 1