Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Christmas Tree

Ok, so getting back into the ISF after the recent snow brought up a good selection of dashboard warning lights. Notably, PCS, ABS, AFS (flashing) and finally Slip Indicator (?). Snow wasn't that bad around us but car was left untouched during that short period.

In the process of arranging to get these checked but just checking if anyone has experienced this combo before - I guess some sensor failure (maybe damp)?

Drives ok  - or at least it did on v.short journey home where I've left it.

Andy

PS: My other car is a Skoda Citigo, completely the other end of the scale but spending a little time back in it makes me realise what good little runabouts they are.

• Sad 1

Low voltage as you cranked the engine upset the body electronics. Warning lights should all clear once you have three cycles of the ignition/engine start without further errors being seen.

Those warning lights aren't engine related so shouldn't be O2 or MAF sensor. Potentially could be something like an ABS sensor but unlikely.

Get the Battery charged and check it's voltage once left overnight to see if it is holding a charge correctly.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, caldera said:

PS: My other car is a Skoda Citigo, completely the other end of the scale but spending a little time back in it makes me realise what good little runabouts they are.

Mine too; the 60 PS Citigo is great fun, despite having 1/8 of the  bhp of the RCF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Mine too; the 60 PS Citigo is great fun, despite having 1/8 of the  bhp of the RCF

We rented a Seat Mii on holiday last year - it might have been a 1.0, maybe even smaller. It was tiny, underpowered, utterly basic and I almost always tried to change gear with the window winder, but by heck it was fun to thrash round the narrow, windy roads of the Algarve! 

Back on topic, I’d change the Battery

• Like 1

On 07/03/2018 at 8:10 AM, Toothy said:

Battery should be first thing to check, electronics do silly things when they receive low voltages.
After that I would suspect a sensor. Maybe O2 or dirty MAF?

Assuming it is Battery (sensible call) are there any recommendations for replacements/suppliers?

Cheers

Andy

I put a post up about this recently.

Still not certain on the model of Battery I need. But do have a quote from Lexus to have one fitted for £95.
Euro Car Parts often has 40% discount offers on, but I found the cheapest place for Bosch batteries to be Costco (if you're a member).

I'm sure prices may vary as it would be done as part of a more expensive service for me...
I'd probably go Costco route if I could definitely confirm spec and were cheaper. Costco will take batteries back with no issues if they're the wrong size too. Can get a Bosch with 4 year warranty. Assume the Lexus one would only have a year.

55 minutes ago, Toothy said:

I'm sure prices may vary as it would be done as part of a more expensive service for me...
I'd probably go Costco route if I could definitely confirm spec and were cheaper. Costco will take batteries back with no issues if they're the wrong size too. Can get a Bosch with 4 year warranty. Assume the Lexus one would only have a year.

They do vary. I've been quoted £84+VAT just for Battery alone with £66 fitting(seriously!) from Lexus Birmingham. Make unknown but specified for car.

Anyhow, may well go for just Battery and fit myself - convenience as literally drive past showroom on way home (and I don't have a Costco membership - although I also drive past one of those).

Thanks guys - will update on status when I've fitted it (hopefully tonight).

18 hours ago, caldera said:

They do vary. I've been quoted £84+VAT just for battery alone with £66 fitting(seriously!) from Lexus Birmingham. Make unknown but specified for car.

Anyhow, may well go for just battery and fit myself - convenience as literally drive past showroom on way home (and I don't have a Costco membership - although I also drive past one of those).

Thanks guys - will update on status when I've fitted it (hopefully tonight).

Just remember that Lexus don't make batteries, they just buy them and put a sticker on them.  If you can find the right Battery cheaper elsewhere just get it.  

Fitting a Battery couldn't be easier either, just a couple of 10mm (M6) nuts and bolts

i went through 2 Toyota/Lexus batteries that just died. After the 2nd one Lexus gave me my money back and i bought a Bosch from Tayna Batteries delivered to my door. Perfect fit and so far so good.