Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autoglym High Definition Wax

Halfords are doing this wax at £20 instead of £47. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/autoglym-high-definition-wax

Amazing price. Over the years I have tried most of them and this is in a different league. It lasts for ages. Did mine last July and it is still beading.

It is a wax, so the best approach is to use a polish, then this wax. On a big Lexus it took me a day to wash, polish, and then wax it, but it looked amazing and also lasted for ages. You can get about 6-7 normal cars out of a pot. Better still clay bar it. Have done this on 3 different cars and what comes off is a brown deposit which shows how much gunge is in the air. The paint is then like glass with no pimples and 'full stops' as you run your finger over it.

amazon have it at £ 39.85p.

2 hours ago, Texas said:

None available within 20 miles of Bristol :( 

and Del not an option :(

I could collect from Dumfries.

I'm in Sheffield.

21 minutes ago, Beejay55 said:

Halfords stores in Stratford-upon-Avon, Manchester and Croydon are showing it as in stock.

Not for me - I live in Preston, about 30-35 miles from Manchester and this is what I get:

wax.jpg

£25.99 [mention=56258]MLW[/mention]  Any recommendation for the polish to use before this wax?

Autoglym Super resin polish is ok to use although it's more of a glaze than a polish. Bilt Hamber Polish is absolutely superb and would be my go to. One or two coats of wax over that will last you months. I would advise to clay the car first though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

yes, after reading above I tried to get some from Sheffield, but none left within 81 miles.  However as I'd been meaning to get some for a while it prompted me to get Bilt Hamber clay 200g.  Good reviews, so thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bilt Hamber clay bar is the one to get. You can divide the blue bar into 4, then soften it in warm water. Work it out into a bear mat sized piece. The beauty is it uses just water as a lubricate. What comes off is amazing. Then any really good polish will do. Polish is slightly abrasive so it will pull even more marks off, then the final Autoglym wax. Never thought clay barring was such a big deal, till I did one. Was truly shocked at the difference. If you rub your fingers over a clean car, and you feel little nicks and full stops......clay bar it.

• Thanks 2

yes, after reading above I tried to get some from Sheffield, but none left within 81 miles.  However as I'd been meaning to get some for a while it prompted me to get Bilt Hamber Clay 200g.  Good reviews, so thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their clay is very good. Best add a small amount of car shampoo with it as you can't have enough lubricant. Go slow and steady with it and don't rub hard just keep it moving.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links