Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Does anyone have ideas around costs for the following failures, specifically the top bunch.  Do they need the parts or can i get bushes for some of these?

• Offside Front suspension has excessive play in a lower suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a) UPDATED £120 a pair plus fitting
  • Nearside Front suspension has excessive play in a upper suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a)
  • Offside Front suspension has excessive play in a upper suspension ball joint (2.5.B.1a)
  • Offside Rear Upper Anti-roll bar has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
  • Nearside Front Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases pip/cat (7.1.2) this is by the CAT, and the bolts (?) near it are rusted - ideally it would go to power flow for a fix, but i'm assuming this is the weak spot, that other members have also experienced, and fixed at power flow (circa £200)
  • Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1) £80 for a reasonable one
  • Offside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1) £80 for a reasonable one
  • Offside Front coil spring broken (2.4.C.1a) £60-80 per spring (kilen would try to replace myself)
  • Nearside Rear coil spring modified and seriously weakened (2.4.A.2) (as above, also would try to fix myself)
  • Nearside Rear Upper Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c) hours labour plus cheap part?
  • Offside Rear Upper Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c) hours labour plus cheap part?

Wow.....for the front LBJ I would go OEM, the last ones I bought were around £120.00 a pair.

Front UCAs are stupidly expensive from Lexus at around £500.00 EACH so better off with some decent after market ones.

Don’t quite understand the upper anti rollbar ball joint problem unless this means the drop links?

Exhaust you have covered.

Springs I would replace them all not just the broken/bodged ones.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Wow.....for the front LBJ I would go OEM, the last ones I bought were around £120.00 a pair.

Front UCAs are stupidly expensive from Lexus at around £500.00 EACH so better off with some decent after market ones.

Don’t quite understand the upper anti rollbar ball joint problem unless this means the drop links?

Exhaust you have covered.

Springs I would replace them all not just the broken/bodged ones.

Hi Steve

Thanks for that.

Not sure on the anti roller, i honestly wouldn't know one if it was clearly marked up and hit me in the face.

re: springs, yes, I just know after doing the one, i'll have run out of energy and desire to do both. i swapped one out after buying a pair on the mk3. never got to the other one...  

If replacing front UCA's with a cheap Chinese or Taiwan brand I suggest that you buy new Ball joint covers and replace the existing Rubber which disintegrates in less than a month or as someone said when  "just hanging on the garage wall" The unit will then be OK for a while.  www.southwalespropshafts.co.uk   posts quickly once you've got dimensions. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

If replacing front UCA's with a cheap Chinese or Taiwan brand I suggest that you buy new Ball joint covers and replace the existing Rubber which disintegrates in less than a month or as someone said when  "just hanging on the garage wall" The unit will then be OK for a while.  www.southwalespropshafts.co.uk   posts quickly once you've got dimensions. 

i think the url is http://www.southwalesprops.co.uk/index.html, but they don't seem to have any LS400 parts?  

Genuine UCAs are coming up at £147.00 each plus around £60.00 shipping from Amayama Japan with  3-4 day delivery but bear in mind HMRC may pounce and delay the package to add to their own coffers!

Even bearing that in mind they are still cheap compared to Lexus UK who the last I required ONE quoted £521.00!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Genuine UCAs are coming up at £147.00 each plus around £60.00 shipping from Amayama Japan with  3-4 day delivery but bear in mind HMRC may pounce and delay the package to add to their own coffers!

Steve do you have a link within the site? I can't find them at all

Rock auto seem to have loads but I don't see oem on anything 

The beck arnley UCAs and lower ball joints are very cheap on rock auto but all say oem quality? Does anyone have experience of them? I could get fronts sets of both for £225

There's a Febi Bilstein on eBay for £200. Not sure if they have both sides.  I've used cheaper Arms not from Rock, and as I said the only thing I needed to do was replace the rubber Boot over the Ball joint before fitting.  Has passe two MOT's since. Rock does have Moogs for sale, I believe. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links