Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official Lexus UX at Geneva Motor Show

The Lexus UX has finally been revealed today. We initially had a teaser of its backside and a front 3/4 pic.

Now we get to see it all!

Lets start off with some CGI Lexus pics:

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-live-1.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-live-3.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-live-5.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-live-11.jpg

Key facts - 

1) The Lexus UX is the first Lexus vehicle on the new GA-C platform

2) UX200 and UX250h are both new engines. the 200 is an NA 2.0l 4 pot engine whilst the 250h uses a the same engine in combination with 4th generation hybrid drive to provide 176hp.

3) Lexus has focused on making the interior less cluttered than other models and used a "less is more approach"

4) Proactive use of navigation allows the hybrid to learn the driving style and routes of the driver, making it more efficient in the process

Exterior

The exterior takes styling cues from the other models in the Lexus lineup. We have headlights similiar to the revised CT with the characteristic Lexus Swoosh DRL's on top of the main headlights. Similiar to other models, the grill takes the centre stage, this one appearing to be very intricate and three-dimensional compared to others. All models get a honeycomb effect grill whilst the F-Sport goes one step further by making these mesh

The wheel arches are clearly reminiscent of the RX and NX whilst the UX's party piece is the rear end with the lighting running from one side to another

The dimensions are 177" long allowing the car to fit into small spaces.

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-2.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-48.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-50.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-47.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-46.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-37.jpg

18-03-06-gallery-lexus-ux-reveal-33.jpg

Interior

Lexus designers have taken a different approach to usual with a "less is more" approach. The interior is simple and elegant with features from other vehicles in the lineup. 

The Steering wheel, interior door handles and drive mode controls seem to be taken straight out of the LC and LS. The centre screen is large and similiar to that of the RX. 

The seats are an all new design and the audio controls have been integrated into the palm rest to free up space on the dashboard and give it a minimalistic look. 

New Lexus Features

Lexus offers a new trim option inspired by Washi (japanese paper). Leather grained finishes are also available. There will be four interior options to choose from on regular models.

The vents are now illuminated and they have a single knob which controls the air flow and desired direction from that particular vent.

Engines

UX200: 2.0l Naturally aspirated 4-cylinder petrol engine. An all new engine providing 168hp . It uses advanced technology such as VVT-iE to allow a maximum thermal efficiency of 40%. The UX200 is paired with a direct-shift CVT, an all new gearbox that has an additional gear set for using from a standstill to provide a more linear feel.

UX250h: The above, paired with 4th gen hybrid drive providing 176hp and designed to provide a linear driving feel unlike hybrids of past. The 250h will come with Predictive Efficient Drive. This will analyse driving habits, road and traffic conditions to maximise efficiency. PED will also include Predictive Deceleration Support, a system which uses accumulated data to maximise regeneration when braking up to 1000 feet ahead. 

Safety

The Lexus UX will  have safety system + as standard along with technology trickled down from the new LS such as Lane Tracing Assist included in Lexus CoDrive

F-Sport

As with other Lexus models, this is the sporty trim so expect stiffer dampers, louder, more shouty grills and graphite wheels. The UX specifically comes with additional rear dampers, specific stabiliser bars and High Response adaptive variable suspension debuted on the LC. 

F-Sport will come with newly designed seats which using integrated foam technology and the moving gauge cluster from the IS/RC makes a comeback. Of course ASC is included and can be shut off but there is also the addition of Sonic Interaction Design which adjusts the sound of the vehicle in Sport+ mode.

28 minutes ago, Dealkent said:

Looks really nice , I hope the MPG will be closer to an IS than an NX 

It will use the latest Toyota hybrid system combined with a new engine that is 41% thermally efficient - I'll be disappointed if it doesn't match the IS300h

43 minutes ago, Dealkent said:

Looks really nice , I hope the MPG will be closer to an IS than an NX 

Should definitely match the IS if not exceed it to be honest. 

The NX isn't too far behind an IS and I would expect the UX to be on par with the CT or slightly below it

Quite a good video here from the boys at Autogefuhl...

Not really my cup of tea, but I can see the attraction of this over the existing rivals.

Does anyone know if this is a de facto replacement for the CT200h?

31 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

Does anyone know if this is a de facto replacement for the CT200h?

Just rumoured at the moment. The CT doesn't sell that well in the US which is the reason people think it will be replaced with the UX. If Lexus want to have another model in the portfolio then we could have both - The new Auris (which the CT is based) uses the same platform as the UX and will get the 250h drivetrain.

5 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Just rumoured at the moment. The CT doesn't sell that well in the US which is the reason people think it will be replaced with the UX. If Lexus want to have another model in the portfolio then we could have both - The new Auris (which the CT is based) uses the same platform as the UX and will get the 250h drivetrain.

Yes, that new Auris looks rather striking to me. To be fair, the current model I think the current model looks pretty good, just a shame about the drive train. But the new 2.0l hybrid looks like it might finally provide a bit more 'oomph'...

5 hours ago, gdh300 said:

Yes, that new Auris looks rather striking to me. To be fair, the current model I think the current model looks pretty good, just a shame about the drive train. But the new 2.0l hybrid looks like it might finally provide a bit more 'oomph'...

Dont know why but the back reminds me of a Mazda 3 2nd gen. Still looks great though, especially compared to what it looks like now!

toyota-auris-21.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Having said that, Im liking the UX - contemplating swapping my wife's IS for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

https://youtu.be/i_81hQ1irdY

Quite positive, barring the inevitable journalist whinge about a CVT gearbox...

Yep, saw that a while back. General reviews are positive so far but no-one has driven it yet with the new hybrid system

Will probably sell quite well in the US and Europe too.

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

Just to be clear, is the UX250h an AWD like the RX/NX models? 

Most likely but not sure yet. 

Wont be true AWD, more FWD with RWD assistance like the other SUVs in the range

4 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Just to be clear, is the UX250h an AWD like the RX/NX models? 

I expect it to be the same as the NX, 2WD entry level to hit a price point and AWD provided via an additional rear electric motor for the other grades.