Recommended Posts

 

It annoys me. Why didn’t the owner offer it to forum members?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Flytvr Because he would experienced what all would trying to sell them privately especially one as expensive as this........ and that is selling it in a reasonable amount of time would have about as much chance happening as Jeremy Corbin voting conservative  :yes:

🐀

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have given £15k after an extensive (and satisfactory) test drive. 😜

@Warrington guy, you see, my flippant post will prevent anyone else complaining about why you didn’t sell it on the forum! 😀

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warrington guy said:

Flytvr .im banned form the forum . Don’t own a Lexus anymore .😩😩😩😩

Get an IS220D, they're practically the same!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn all these lovely ISFs up for sale that are out of my price range! Looks very very nice.

Flytvr, you jest but it is a shame there seems to be quite a number of ex-forum cars up for sale at the mo at dealers (some for quite a while) with figures that may make them hard to sell...a private sale however may of kept them in ‘the family’!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Damn all these lovely ISFs up for sale that are out of my price range! Looks very very nice.

Flytvr, you jest but it is a shame there seems to be quite a number of ex-forum cars up for sale at the mo at dealers (some for quite a while) with figures that may make them hard to sell...a private sale however may of kept them in ‘the family’!

Call me selfish but all of these high priced cars are doing wonders for the people that still own ISFs.  Hopefully it will inflate prices a little.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think @BUG4LIFE raises a good point and I would have loved for mine to have gone to a forum member, but and it’s an enormous but who would have given me 21k for a 59 plate car admitted the mileage is relatively low at 46k. I’m guessing I’d have been lucky to achieve 19k ... eventually maybe....

They are a notoriously difficult car to sell privately to the uninitiated, unfortunately as we all know for buyers there simply aren’t herds of them to choose from.

Big Rat

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Call me selfish but all of these high priced cars are doing wonders for the people that still own ISFs.  Hopefully it will inflate prices a little.

Only if the high priced ones sell mate...which they don't appear to be. Look on the Lexus used car site. A few of those have been up for sale for months.

You'd have to really really love the ISF to drop mid twenty and up on one - finding a £30k buyer will be a miracle!

I think high teens is the sweet spot [though I don't expect get a late car with small miles for this price]. I need a 4/5 door car, roughly the same footprint as an ISF, I got money in the bank waiting for the right car...I honesty can't think on another car I want more than an ISF for under £20k [Evo X maybe].

I agree with Big Rat though, selling a car privately at this price point brings a whole bunch of potential problems so I can see why so many have part exchanged instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Rat said:

I wonder who this used to belong to then............ answers on a post card to an address in Warrington :whistling1:

http://www.mpowercars.co.uk/vehicle/lexus-is-f-2013/

 

Big Rat

Very Very nice

However. I would be inclined to say its overpriced. The red one on ebay is 2013 with 13k on the clock and is the same price.... 

Private sale mind you but still, I know which one I would choose!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

Only if the high priced ones sell mate...which they don't appear to be. Look on the Lexus used car site. A few of those have been up for sale for months.

You'd have to really really love the ISF to drop mid twenty and up on one - finding a £30k buyer will be a miracle!

I think high teens is the sweet spot [though I don't expect get a late car with small miles for this price]. I need a 4/5 door car, roughly the same footprint as an ISF, I got money in the bank waiting for the right car...I honesty can't think on another car I want more than an ISF for under £20k [Evo X maybe].

I agree with Big Rat though, selling a car privately at this price point brings a whole bunch of potential problems so I can see why so many have part exchanged instead.

@BUG4LIFE Rhys sent you a pm

🐀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since owning an IS-F I completely understand the prices the dealers are asking for the cars, if someone pays whatever the dealer is asking then the car is worth the asking price, maybe not to you but it is to someone else, the one thing I don't get is when people say "for £25k I could of bought a M3/5 or RS4/6 or Jag R" well go andl buy one then, however if you want a four seat 400+bhp high performance saloon from Lexus then the price is the price...........................

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I know of another White one coming to the market soon even lower miles immaculate condition probably be the high twenties as well.

🐀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think back to 2013 and dealers were selling the last few for £35k to get rid of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark G said:

Since owning an IS-F I completely understand the prices the dealers are asking for the cars, if someone pays whatever the dealer is asking then the car is worth the asking price, maybe not to you but it is to someone else, the one thing I don't get is when people say "for £25k I could of bought a M3/5 or RS4/6 or Jag R" well go and buy one then, however if you want a four seat 400+bhp high performance saloon from Lexus then the price is the price...........................

 

That's what I'm saying though...they aren't selling at the dealer prices!

Not that that's a concern of the people who part exchanged them, but it's a pain for me cos there was a higher chance I could of bought one of them before the dealer stuck on their £5k+!

I think it's fair to say 'I could of got such and such for £25k'. At the end of the day they perceive an M5 [or whatever] to be a class above and worth the extra money. For £20k and under I don't think anything comes close to an ISF.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BUG4LIFE said:

That's what I'm saying though...they aren't selling at the dealer prices!

Not that that's a concern of the people who part exchanged them, but it's a pain for me cos there was a higher chance I could of bought one of them before the dealer stuck on their £5k+!

I think it's fair to say 'I could of got such and such for £25k'. At the end of the day they perceive an M5 [or whatever] to be a class above and worth the extra money. For £20k and under I don't think anything comes close to an ISF.

Rhys please don't think I am having s dig at anyone on here, this is just my take on the situation.

If they aren't selling at the dealers for what they are asking then where are they going because they are going somewhere, they have to be, somebody is buying them, if the dealers were offloading them to independents and they in turn were advertising the cars at a price that people thought was closer to there true value then we would see them and be talking about them on here.

I think the dealers are in the enviable position of being able to add their £5k profit and sit on the car, if it doesn't sell they move it to another part of the country and see what happens, I completely agree it is a strange situation, private buyers cant shift them when they are £3-£5k below the dealer price but the dealers don't appear to be able to shift them either.

There we are, I have droned on for ages and still not arrived at the answer............................... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Rhys please don't think I am having s dig at anyone on here, this is just my take on the situation.

If they aren't selling at the dealers for what they are asking then where are they going because they are going somewhere, they have to be, somebody is buying them, if the dealers were offloading them to independents and they in turn were advertising the cars at a price that people thought was closer to there true value then we would see them and be talking about them on here.

I think the dealers are in the enviable position of being able to add their £5k profit and sit on the car, if it doesn't sell they move it to another part of the country and see what happens, I completely agree it is a strange situation, private buyers cant shift them when they are £3-£5k below the dealer price but the dealers don't appear to be able to shift them either.

There we are, I have droned on for ages and still not arrived at the answer............................... 

I don’t think you’re having a go mate, we’re all just having a discussion :)

They aren’t going anywhere. There is currently 5 on the Lexus used site. A good few of those have been there for many months.

The couple that have sold recently at Lexus dealerships (a white one at Liverpool Lexus that’s was owned by a forum member and a black one that dropped to under £19k but wasn’t really mentioned on here) were both under that magic £20k.

I don’t really know what my point is now, haha!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I don’t think you’re having a go mate, we’re all just having a discussion :)

They aren’t going anywhere. There is currently 5 on the Lexus used site. A good few of those have been there for many months.

The couple that have sold recently at Lexus dealerships (a white one at Liverpool Lexus that’s was owned by a forum member and a black one that dropped to under £19k but wasn’t really mentioned on here) were both under that magic £20k.

I don’t really know what my point is now, haha!

 

Ha ha, that genuinely made me laugh, I know what you mean, I don't think any of us actually know what is going on, only Lexus know..............and they are saying nothing.............

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dealers can afford to wait, not just the ISF but many Lexus models. The amount of times I've heard from Lexus dealers that 'I can't remember the last time I discounted a price on one of our used cars' :wallbash:. They won't budge, good business strategy to be fair but not good for the purchaser. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue one at £27k at a dealer - 13 plate has been around for ages but it has an IS300h F-Sport picture on it before.

However it was also around £30k to begin with but has gone down slowly. Its very good value, providing its in good nick of course with the expected SH etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I loved my ISF and wouldn't have wanted to part with it without the change being for the right car.  As you will know I nearly bought an RCF last October but thanks to much help on here a bad decision was avoided.  I have been looking ever since, so when the RCF with the correct spec, mileage and history came up, I went to the dealer and a deal was done.  In my opinion they gave me a very good price for mine.  Like @Big Rat said, i don't think i would have got that privately and I only parted with the ISF secure in the knowledge that the deal for the RCF was done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I don’t think you’re having a go mate, we’re all just having a discussion :)

They aren’t going anywhere. There is currently 5 on the Lexus used site. A good few of those have been there for many months.

The couple that have sold recently at Lexus dealerships (a white one at Liverpool Lexus that’s was owned by a forum member and a black one that dropped to under £19k but wasn’t really mentioned on here) were both under that magic £20k.

I don’t really know what my point is now, haha!

 

@BUG4LIFE i brought the one from Lexus Liverpool buddy, i waited for a long time before pulling the trigger, one is for sale on ebay for sub 15k with 87k on the clock ..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now