Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

White isF for Sale

I too have been looking a long time. In all honesty, I should have bought Stuno's grey one way back when. But he was miles away and a test drive of a normal one disappointed me greatly. (Didn't go manual mode or sports...but even then in my opinion the ISF needs Apexi Throttle and H&S to make it a car that I would keep) Missed out on Giblet's black one, because I don't want black, otherwise that would have been a great buy. Again, missed out on Tom's because I wasn't convinced by a stock ISF. My problem is, I only like two colours within the isf range, the blue and the grey. The blue ones cost a bomb.....and once you get upto 25k, all sorts of other fancy machinery comes into focus.....

32 minutes ago, ThebigC said:

@BUG4LIFE i brought the one from Lexus Liverpool buddy, i waited for a long time before pulling the trigger, one is for sale on ebay for sub 15k with 87k on the clock ..

Yeah I saw your original thread when you bought it. Very nice mate. I did speak to the dealer multiple times about the car but they wouldn’t drop to my offer (luckily for you).

I saw that one on eBay but my budget will get one with less miles, so happy to keep looking. 

The prices will inevitably move in the right direction.  Just a waiting game.  Regardless of whether the dealers are over pricing the cars, the fact that there are so few in the country means that this will have an effect on the used prices of ISFs.

People that buy the car are specifically looking for an ISF and will pay accordingly for the right to own one.  I don't think many people look at their budget and think " I might as well get one of those ISFs as I have £20k to spend"

20 hours ago, wantaisf said:

I too have been looking a long time. In all honesty, I should have bought Stuno's grey one way back when. But he was miles away and a test drive of a normal one disappointed me greatly. (Didn't go manual mode or sports...but even then in my opinion the ISF needs Apexi Throttle and H&S to make it a car that I would keep) Missed out on Giblet's black one, because I don't want black, otherwise that would have been a great buy. Again, missed out on Tom's because I wasn't convinced by a stock ISF. My problem is, I only like two colours within the isf range, the blue and the grey. The blue ones cost a bomb.....and once you get upto 25k, all sorts of other fancy machinery comes into focus.....

Stuno’s is back on the market on eBay, got 87 k on it now, up for £16.995.

glad you didn’t buy giblets black one. 😎

0F424093-EFEE-4A90-B7F9-CD10F88EE022.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Stuno’s is back on the market on eBay, got 87 k on it now, up for £16.995.

glad you didn’t buy giblets black one. 😎

0F424093-EFEE-4A90-B7F9-CD10F88EE022.jpeg

This one...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201802223973957?atmobcid=soc3

It's literally 3 miles from my house if anyone wanted me to cast my eye over it.  Or...  I quite like the grey.  May swap my black one for it and accept the higher mileage ;-)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

As long as there are none of it getting a good hiding as a press car 😢

please don’t tell me!! Lol

@Mattmech Matt there is absolutely nothing in 'The Rat' files matey as regards that kind of behaviour 🤗

🐀

23 hours ago, Jon_B said:

Guys, I loved my ISF and wouldn't have wanted to part with it without the change being for the right car.  As you will know I nearly bought an RCF last October but thanks to much help on here a bad decision was avoided.  I have been looking ever since, so when the RCF with the correct spec, mileage and history came up, I went to the dealer and a deal was done.  In my opinion they gave me a very good price for mine.  Like @Big Rat said, i don't think i would have got that privately and I only parted with the ISF secure in the knowledge that the deal for the RCF was done. 

Absolutely agree with ths.

I am picking up an RCF on Saturday and 2 weeks ago I had no intention of parting with my beloved ISF which I fully intended keeping for the long term.  I was offered such a good part X I felt it would be silly not to give it serious consideration and the test drive sealed it..

Can’t help thinking that Lexus must have some confidence that they can sell these cars to be offering such good trade in values. I usually sell my cars privately, but as others have said,  I have doubts that I could have got much more than the trade in value to make it worth it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Mattmech Matt there is absolutely nothing in 'The Rat' files matey as regards that kind of behaviour 🤗

🐀

Thanks big rat, glad I hadn’t missed anything!!

must try and get out in her a bit more this year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAW said:

Absolutely agree with ths.

I am picking up an RCF on Saturday and 2 weeks ago I had no intention of parting with my beloved ISF which I fully intended keeping for the long term.  I was offered such a good part X I felt it would be silly not to give it serious consideration and the test drive sealed it..

Can’t help thinking that Lexus must have some confidence that they can sell these cars to be offering such good trade in values. I usually sell my cars privately, but as others have said,  I have doubts that I could have got much more than the trade in value to make it worth it. 

David, gutted your parting with the isf, a truly mint car.

must be excited yet a little sad to see her go.

get some pics up of the rcf when you can, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

all the best, matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

Thanks big rat, glad I hadn’t missed anything!!

must try and get out in her a bit more this year. 

@Mattmech Truly great car many fond memories of last 2 years with mine continue to enjoy yours, gone from my drive but not my mind so here’s a pic shown before many times don’t care.......52BA503E-1544-417E-8CC5-03F6656901E3.thumb.jpeg.3339c67a69c1c1bd6a9fddaa8a94df45.jpeg

Big Rat

• Like 2

Hi Matt,

Hope you & yours are all well & thanks mate👍🏻

TBO up & down like a yo yo - bizarrely feel almost  guilty about it because it seems a bit unnecessary. Came home tonight & thought what a stunning car it is - never get tired of looking at her. Genuinely had no intention of parting with her & will be a mix of excitement & great sadness at parting with her on Saturday. Other than my Supra this is the longest I’ve held onto a car & seems strange to be moving on without there being a reason for it.

Still I had no such reservations after the test drive & looking forward to spending time in the RCF. 

Will post some picture on Monday & as you say hopefully catch up soon.

All the best

David.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAW said:

Hi Matt,

Hope you & yours are all well & thanks mate👍🏻

TBO up & down like a yo yo - bizarrely feel almost  guilty about it because it seems a bit unnecessary. Came home tonight & thought what a stunning car it is - never get tired of looking at her. Genuinely had no intention of parting with her & will be a mix of excitement & great sadness at parting with her on Saturday. Other than my Supra this is the longest I’ve held onto a car & seems strange to be moving on without there being a reason for it.

Still I had no such reservations after the test drive & looking forward to spending time in the RCF. 

Will post some picture on Monday & as you say hopefully catch up soon.

All the best

David.

All good mate thanks, enjoy the new car, make sure you get this one to H&S to enjoy that v8 symphony 😎

im sure you’ll have a great weekend.

matt

• Like 3

On 07/03/2018 at 4:45 PM, BUG4LIFE said:

That's what I'm saying though...they aren't selling at the dealer prices!

Not that that's a concern of the people who part exchanged them, but it's a pain for me cos there was a higher chance I could of bought one of them before the dealer stuck on their £5k+!

I think it's fair to say 'I could of got such and such for £25k'. At the end of the day they perceive an M5 [or whatever] to be a class above and worth the extra money. For £20k and under I don't think anything comes close to an ISF.

You get what you pay for and believe me the extra money your may pay compared to the offerings from Germany you will save 10 fold if you get a Lexus, I've owned a fair few performance Audi's BMWs VW's the cost of maintaining and replacing parts every two minutes gets a bit annoying I almost had to change my holiday plans to a week in bridlington almost 😂, I'd hate to think how much I've spent over the years on the aforementioned cars but Id bet it's close to buying a small house ,since I've had the Lexus it's caused me no budget holidays I still can't believe how reliable these cars are which is why I don't think I'll ever sell mine.

• Like 3

When I traded my ISF for the RCF in 2015, I got £2k more than the Parkers trade in price, which was pleasing, especially against what was the cheapest RCF in the country at the time. Manchester Lexus immediately added £5k to the price and it went within  a few weeks. Maybe they do know what they are doing?

• Like 3