Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've got another what's this.  Under the rear parcel shelf brake light is a dark plastic piece.  I noticed there's a small camera lens inside, anyone know what it does?

The reversing camera is just above the number plate. I only noticed this one when the sun was on it, look exactly like the reversing camera lens though.

1 hour ago, XT5 said:

I thought there were two, the one above the number plate and the one by the high level brake light.

Not sure, I know the later reversing camera is different.  Maybe the government have hidden it to keep watch on us!!....or maybe the Russians!😁

Is it 100% a lense? Could it be a bung of sorts to hide a screw access hole or something? Cant think of any reason for another lense, except a po having stalled a rear dash cam...

1 hour ago, Upex said:

Is it 100% a lense? Could it be a bung of sorts to hide a screw access hole or something? Cant think of any reason for another lense, except a po having stalled a rear dash cam...

Definitely a lens. When the sun was on it it looked just like the lens from a phone camera.

Brilliant site this! Virtually everything gets an answer. Tonight I've learned about the ambient light sensor and also what to do about TPMS problems. Thank you all.