Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust on Rear panel and warranty claim

Hi,

I have owned my 12 plate Lexus GS250  for 2 years now and it has done 40k.

I have noticed some rust starting to form in between the bumper and rear wing.

Is this something i can expect from a Lexus , which is just over 5 years old?

I bought the car from Lexus Chester and am still waiting for a reply from them but thought id post on here to get some opinions.

I have included pictures as best as i can.

Many Thanks

20180226_120625660_iOS.jpg

20180226_120629894_iOS.jpg

20180225_151353[4655].jpg

20180225_151413[4656].jpg

I might be wrong, but that panel looks like it may have been repainted at some point in the cars life. One way of working that out is to use a 'paint detective' or similar device on the car to check paint depth

1 hour ago, IanA2 said:

That crossed my mind too....

It was the first thing that crossed my mind too. It is not something that one would expect from a Lexus GS.

Try to speak to the previous owner as Lexus Chester probably/ possibly// gave you an undertaking  in writing that the vehicle had not been involved in any kind of accident?

Look at your paperwork relating to the purchase.

Im not liking the look of that paint - too much orange peel for my liking and possibly a repair

The bumper is plastic, so I wouldnt expect rust from there which would suggest its coming from the rear wings.

Any pictures of the full rear end?

Should be replaced under warranty of course. 

The thing is, if its a used car - they won't know if its been in an accident or something unless its been taken through insurance - usually they HPI the vehicle to make sure and you should have a copy of this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links