Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus RX450h..rear brake light not working

Can someone help please. My right rear brake light does not come on. After looking in the handbook and in the light cluster I cannot find a bulb to replace. How can it be fixed. Help.!!!!!!

It could be my fault then. I replaced the rear light bulb  in the cluster and had trouble getting it back in. If I have damaged the wiring, who is the best place to fix it..Lexus or any garage dealing with electrics.

1 minute ago, Charlie1955 said:

It could be my fault then. I replaced the rear light bulb  in the cluster and had trouble getting it back in. If I have damaged the wiring, who is the best place to fix it..Lexus or any garage dealing with electrics.

Any garage dealing with electrics would be fine. 

Check fuses as well I would have thought?

• 1 year later...

I had this same problem on my 2012 RX450H. it happened after i changed my rear side light bulb and straight after changing my LED brake stopped working. It would have cost me around £500 to change the the rear light unit. Had to be a better way.

After checking power coming to to circuit being ok i was baffled. I checked online and found other people in the situation after change rear side light bulb. My mechanic finally found out what the problem was. When you change the rear side light bulb you can very easily snap a very fine and tiny wire connector that connects to to brake LED light circuit. It is very hard to find but a good car electrician will find it. My mechanic, who is a friend of mine, just re soldered the connector and, hey presto, my brake light was working. Whats more he did not charge me.

I was so relieved and happy.

Hope this inf helps others.

jack

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I have a 2010 RX 450H with only one brake light working. Everything else works including the tail light. I recently changed a bulb with some difficulty and have power to the taillight but NOT the brake light. IS it possible I destroyed or tweaked a wire feeding the brake side of the bulb? If so what is the fix?

Thank you.

Dale Saari 

541-999-0511

It's possible I suppose but you need to do some diagnostic testing to confirm.

Using a multimeter, do you get 12V to the brake light contact of the bulb holder when someone presses the brake pedal?

• Like 1