Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I noticed today that the tyres on my new car are a bit old.  They all have plenty of tread but at least a couple are from 2013 so will need replacing before the end of the year.  What tyres do people recommend for these cars?  Mine takes 225/65/17.  Michelin Latitude Sport 3 look like a good bet, decent ratings on tyreleader and not crazy expensive.  Recommendations welcome.

BTW I'm liking the harrier so far.  It's smooth and comfy, terribly underpowered and a lot more like driving a boat than a car but it's a cozy place to be when travelling.  Real world fuel mileage calculated from fill-ups is pretty decent too - I'm seeing 26-30mpg depending on how much I put my foot down, and there's really not much reason to because flooring it doesn't really do anything except make it louder.

I do miss cruise control and parking sensors, quite tempted to retrofit them but it's so much money :S  £200 for sensors and £500 for cruise.. and I only really need cruise for a couple of days a year when we do the run to brittany and back.  Not sure I can justify that kind of money for that.

You should have gone for my LPG RX300 with all the toys  :biggrin:

Regarding the tyres, here's the text from a post I made in November 2016:

Well, I took the plunge. I ordered four Avon ZX7s (235/55 R18 100V) from http://www.tyreshopper.co.uk at a fully fitted price of £387.48, but used a discount code (TS4 - buying four tyres gets you 5% discount) to bring the price down to £368.11. I also went through http://www.topcashback.co.uk and got 3.15% cashback, making the final, fully-fitted price £356.51.

They are being fitted on Friday afternoon at a local branch of National Tyres who, if I'd bought the exact same tyres directly from them, would have charged me £421.64.

Not a bad bargain methinks

Well I might have bought your car if I'd known about it in advance, but I do like the harrier.  How have those Avons lasted?  I used them on my passat and found them to be pretty good.

59 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Well I might have bought your car if I'd known about it in advance, but I do like the harrier.  How have those Avons lasted?  I used them on my passat and found them to be pretty good.

We traded the car in about four or five weeks ago but the Avons are lasting well - still plenty of tread on them and still as sure-footed as the day they were fitted. Highly recommended.

Goodyear Vector 4 seasons SUV G2 without a doubt in that size. Just make sure you change all 4 as they are all seasons. 

They are very very good tyres for the UK climate

17 hours ago, PCM said:

Nokian weatherproofs?

Going from the reviews, they seem to be pretty good in snow but dry and wet handling is compromised substantially. Goodyears are not much more expensive and seem to be a genuine all weather tyre 

Goodyear Vector 4 seasons SUV G2 without a doubt in that size. Just make sure you change all 4 as they are all seasons. 
They are very very good tyres for the UK climate

+1 for the Goodyear’s. Got them on my GS300 and performed extremely well in the recent snow and ice. I’ve had rear wheel drive Lexus before and would of got no where in the recent conditions.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

After the first bad snowfall of the winter I discovered I was in the same boat (good tread but old tyres).  Opted for a set of Hankook Durapro to replace the knackered set and they have performed brilliantly since.  Feels much more surefooted and very little road noise too.  Only question is how well they wear but I'll find that out in due course I guess!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links